What are your plans for March 29th?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
So far while there MAY in fact be "under the hood" improvements, the latest forum "upgrade" apparently does nothing but make posting a bit more of a PITA based on "seat of the pants".

Not sure why software "upgrades" frequently tend to cause more problems than they solve but that 100% is the case here. (much like Win 11 vs 10)

:rolleyes:

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I don't have an issue with the similar threads feature, but perhaps it would be a good idea to set a limit of how old a thread can be. Ex: go by last reply, and no older than a year.
It seems to be suggesting completely unrelated threads is the real problem. I don't think we need the related threads feature in general discussion or politics and news. It's more helpful in the tech focused forums.

Reactions: Captante

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Yeah started to notice that happening too, completely unrelated threads. Saw a Trump thread show up in a thread that had nothing to do with politics for example.

Jul 27, 2020
Yeah started to notice that happening too, completely unrelated threads. Saw a Trump thread show up in a thread that had nothing to do with politics for example.
Just don't scroll below "Similar threads".

It's easy to complain. How about you write them the forum software in your free time while trying to please everyone here? :p

Jul 27, 2020
Maybe it shows different for me but the reply box comes before Similar threads so don't see any reason to go lower than that.

1680390320491.png

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Just don't scroll below "Similar threads".

It's easy to complain. How about you write them the forum software in your free time while trying to please everyone here? :p

Lol that was my TR project in college actually. Wrote a forum software, well I had already started on it way before college... but I polished it enough for it to be usable. I never ended up fully finishing it though, there was lot of features I wanted to add that I never ended up adding and I eventually abandoned the project. If I was to revisit it today it would need to be a complete rewrite as the code was not really all that elegant. I didn't bother to indent my code as a teenager and barely used OOP. :eek:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Maybe it shows different for me but the reply box comes before Similar threads so don't see any reason to go lower than that.

View attachment 78935
I mostly post from phone so I just flick it to the end. That may no longer be where the reply box is.

This thread has five similar topics, I flick and the reply box scrolls out of view because of those idiotic similar threads.