What are your New Year's Resolutions?

ajpa123

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2003
To start a half-way decent thread that is more than one page in length !!! j/k

My new years Res:
[*]To slowly quit drinking coffee and drink more green tea. Last week, i switched to decaf.. and will continue that for a while.. then i will cut down on consumption. Chance s are i will keep this resolution
[*]Visit my young nieces/nephews in far-away states more often, so they remember me. I hate losing touch.. which is what happened. Probably won't keep, but hope i do
[*]Economize more on the everyday things (shopping at walgreens, using coupons, bringin my own coffee/lunch, cancel HBO, boycott Blockbuster ($4.50 per dvd is highway robbery!)) Probably will try harder to keep

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
2004 this is the year of no excuses and no mercy or tolerance for failure.I WILL earn more money,I will get a better body via exercise,diet and surgery and I will call myself out when I catch myself slipping.No more excuses,just getting up of my ass and doing!!

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Okay...my serious resolution (like I ever wear pants anyway) is to upgrade my road racing (cycling) license from Cat 3 to Cat 2. I'm pretty sure I can do it, I just need to buckle down and do some serious training this year.

FYI- the categories in cycling are 1-5 (1=highest, 5=n00b). You move to the next highest Cat by placing top 6 in a USCF event (7point for 1st, 5 for 2nd, down to 1 point for 6th). When you have X number of points (I'll need 30 over 12 months) you can petition your rep to cat up.

The only downside is that the 2s usually race against 1s and pros so I could conceivably end up racing against Lance Armstrong's teammates next year if I manage to cat up (USPS does compete in many domestic races and a few of his teammates live up the road in Greenville, SC).

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: TooOne21
To remove the idea that I need home field advantage for number 2.

Man, I've only shat in a non-home toilet twice in my life. Both times it was a "OMG MY ASS IS EXPLODING" emergency and both times were utterly disgusting. Your resolution is going to decrease your quality of life.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
1. To bench press my own body weight
2. To lose 40 pounds so i can bench press my own body weight
3. TO stop posting on ATOT when I'm drunk like right now.
4. TO finsish the Cheuquamagon bike race this year 'cuz now i dont have a girflriend who quits and take sme down with her
5. to get another girlfirend but not get another broken heart
6. to work hard and get a cool bonus next year too and hopefully get a promotion from grunt to head grunt 3rd class
7. to not get depressed again
8. to finish law school
9. to learn mandarin
10. to spend more time with my nephew and nieces
11. to not nef so much (and what the heck does NEF stand for anyway?)
12. to give light to those I may be associated with as I travel along life's pathway! (ANy fellow AKAK'ers around?)
13. to be the lucky number

pillage2001

Lifer
Sep 18, 2000
Originally posted by: tk149
1. To bench press my own body weight
2. To lose 40 pounds so i can bench press my own body weight
3. TO stop posting on ATOT when I'm drunk like right now.
4. TO finsish the Cheuquamagon bike race this year 'cuz now i dont have a girflriend who quits and take sme down with her
5. to get another girlfirend but not get another broken heart
6. to work hard and get a cool bonus next year too and hopefully get a promotion from grunt to head grunt 3rd class
7. to not get depressed again
8. to finish law school
9. to learn mandarin
10. to spend more time with my nephew and nieces
11. to not nef so much (and what the heck does NEF stand for anyway?)
12. to give light to those I may be associated with as I travel along life's pathway! (ANy fellow AKAK'ers around?)
13. to be the lucky number

Good luck, you need it. :)

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I'd like to:

-Get a girlfriend
-Move back to MS
-Go to college
-Lose a few pounds