What are YOU working on right now?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
Report on warfarin.

meh, dabigatran is the new hotness

144px-Dabigatran_structure.svg_.png

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
I was technical lead on a new web property that launched two weeks ago; I'm now writing and testing patch files to improve our SEO performance.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
i'm researching which pistol to buy - a sig 220r, kimber custom II .45, or an HK USP .45

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Preparing all of the NTRs for our small companies to finish off our fiscal 2011 audit. AGM is only a few weeks away now.

KT

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
Today, I'm finishing up a PCB layout on a Bluetooth Dongle.

Tomorrow will be ordering components, and getting quotes from fab houses.

ooo, so this custom bt dongle has a built-in usb flash drive that resides all the drivers necessary to make the adapter work on any computer? awesome ;)

im building arched doorways in my house (i told my real job to frigoff for awhile). this room in downstairs, and i ripped out a huge hole on the wall adjacent to the livingroom. i made an archway there, and made another archway where the original door was on the diningroom side. they both match perfectly now, and im almost ready to mud it up.

its really nice because i took what was a closed-floor-plan main floor and opened it up as much as possible. it makes the inside of the house seem SOOO much bigger. no more cubicle house! lot of friggen work though... ugh...

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
Working on avoiding work. ATOT is good for that...

same here. otherwise im updating my resume... that sounds bad, but its my resume we have to include with proposals for work. i just have to update the work done section to reflect a good pool of skills necessary for the work we are trying to get a contract for.

other than that im writing a submittal response letter, updating our server, fixing two laptops and testing some equipment for a customer.

and reading forums on a test machine while doing it.

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
Mobilising a new strategic programme of work to replace a core banking technology platform.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Working on sending 2 different computer images alternating every 2 seconds to a 32 inch TV located about 100 yards away from the computers.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
what is a patch file

It's a standardized format of making file additions/deletions/updates in the Linux environment. I don't have direct file access to our production webservers, so I create patch files on my local machine, test them against our staging webserver and then create a to-do task for our server operations staff to apply the patch files to production. They simply type "git apply filename.patch" and all of the updates are made. It's also fully reversible.

Edit: I just realized you might be thinking it's something to help SEO - and I guess above I've shown that it isn't. I know a bunch about SEO but we're really just getting the basics in place right now.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Doing some QA on a website but can't tell you which it is or else I'd have to kill you. Also I'm sure self promotion is against forum rules.

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
Programming tests to ensure the computer in the computer is working as defined.

Krynj

Platinum Member
Jun 21, 2006
Gathering call examples for a customer who is unable to call a certain number.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
It's a standardized format of making file additions/deletions/updates in the Linux environment. I don't have direct file access to our production webservers, so I create patch files on my local machine, test them against our staging webserver and then create a to-do task for our server operations staff to apply the patch files to production. They simply type "git apply filename.patch" and all of the updates are made. It's also fully reversible.

Edit: I just realized you might be thinking it's something to help SEO - and I guess above I've shown that it isn't. I know a bunch about SEO but we're really just getting the basics in place right now.

I'm a .net guy(not really but when i do web its .net) so never had to use patch files.