What are you playing nowadays? Share yo' thoughts.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
I've gone back to my Red Dead Redemption 2 save after over two years and going for 100% completion. What a huge pain in the ass the gambler challenges are, at least it's 9/10 and the rest should be a breeze compared to them.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I picked this one up too. Probably the same issues I'm having as well.

Can't jump over small rocks or bushes. The map design is pretty bad with pathing, having to use main roads to traverse? You're supposed to be a sniper and sneaky.

Have to backtrack all the way across the map to get to a secondary optional objective most of the time(the last AAA gun on the first level, I just gave up because I didn't feel like going back).

My biggest issue, I barely use the sniper rifle because anytime I do, I'm surrounded by enemies from all directions and end up dead pretty quickly. So I sneak around crouched which takes forever to get anywhere and just use the silenced pistol.

That pretty much sums up my experience. The jumping is really aggravating, especially when you get behind a set of sand bags that are knee high but you have to walk around them.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
That pretty much sums up my experience. The jumping is really aggravating, especially when you get behind a set of sand bags that are knee high but you have to walk around them.
I've actually started looking at sniper ghost warrior contracts 2 because I feel like that game deals more with using a sniper rifle than sniper elite 5 currently does. I feel like I'm just playing a less agile type of splinter cell game here.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
The only thing I ever play nowadays is (occasionally) Civ V. Have a huge backlog of FPS-type and other 'action' games (partly thanks to Epic giving me so many of them for free), and just can't face any of them. It all feels like 'work' now, for some reason.

Maybe the sheer number of them is intimidating, or maybe I've just gotten too old and my reactions too slow. Just can't be bothered with games these days, except for periodcally firing up Civ V again and then quitting before finishing a game.

Even have Civ VI but can't get into it. I think because aesthetically it seems (absurdly) a downgrade from its predecessor, so without improved visuals there's not much motivation to figure out the changed mechanics.

Reactions: Leeea

Whirlwind

Nov 4, 2006
I am playing the Hitman Triology.

I am playing Hitman 1 story with the Hitman 3 graphics.

I have never played any of these so I am having a great time with it and. It looks very nice also, which is a great plus.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I have never played Crysis 3. Picked it up for dirt cheap a while back, so I am about to start it up. Next will be Bioshock Infinite, since I played the other 2 bitd but haven't played it yet either.

• Wow
Reactions: Ajay and sandorski

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I have never played Crysis 3. Picked it up for dirt cheap a while back, so I am about to start it up. Next will be Bioshock Infinite, since I played the other 2 bitd but haven't played it yet either.

Bioshock Infinite was a great game. Different, but fits with the other 2 nicely.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
What, someone who hasn’t played the whole Crysis trilogy? :p
I have played all the others, same with Bioshock. I don't know why I never picked up either it, or Bioshock infinite, but better Nate than lever. :D

Crysis 3 is a fantastic looking game. They were always a great tech showcase. I can barely wrap my brain around how it can be over 9yrs old now.

Reactions: CP5670

Hotrod2go

Nov 17, 2021
PC games:
After getting about 99% of the way through Borderlands 3 in mayhem mode ( the last boss fight is too much of dog's breakfast from all the graphical effects in overkill) I quit that & now started Wolfenstein: The New Order. I have a question about this game, is the frames per second capped at 60?

Edit: found id5 tweaker mod, but raising fps above 60 threatens the physics into an unbalanced mode.

Last edited:

Furious_Styles

Jan 17, 2019
Working on Shadow of the Tomb raider. About half way through and man did they load the boat with the collectible junk. I thought the first one had good balance on story and inventory/weapons. This one just has too much useless crap and too many weapons with only small variances between them. I'm just going to do story missions from here on out I think and finish the game.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
On the first play-through Bioshock Infinite is a great game. On the 2ed it falls off to "okay" at best. After that it's not much fun anymore due to the limited options for game-play.

I'm confident I'll play 1 and 2 again at some point but I doubt I'll ever play Infinite again.

What, someone who hasn’t played the whole Crysis trilogy? :p

The only "Crysis" I actually finished was the first one although I own all of them on Steam. (none are currently installed)

Reactions: CP5670

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
On the first play-through Bioshock Infinite is a great game. On the 2ed it falls off to "okay" at best. After that it's not much fun anymore due to the limited options for game-play.

I'm confident I'll play 1 and 2 again at some point but I doubt I'll ever play Infinite again.
I recently started playing for the first time. I was near the end I think, but lost interest. I will finish the playthrough at some point, not really calling to me. Dirt 4 has been getting most of my time.

Reactions: Captante

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Planetbase. Simplified, but somewhat entertaining Base/City builder. Will likely play at different Difficulty levels, but its' Gameplay isn't varied enough to warrant much more.

Feb 4, 2009
This is an okay game but it does allow some nifty building and there are persistent servers. Only warning is they do get wiped to clear the crud.
Frequently on sale just isn’t now.

Whom is up for playing the above?

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Just finished Ghostwire Tokyo, I'd probably rate it a 7/10. Combat isn't very interesting and the story is kind of a mess but I did love running around Shibuya in it. Will probably play Persona 5 Strikers next; have had that in my backlog forever.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Bioshock Infinite can be played at most once every three years, and only if you can put up with the plethora of cutscenes.

Reactions: Hotrod2go

Hotrod2go

Nov 17, 2021
Grinding through Wolfenstein: The New Order on PC.
The cut scenes are a bit too long for my liking, reminds me of Far Cry 3 & 4 that stuff. Also capped at 60fps...
But overall, an interesting challenge. Keeps one young n' healthy! :)

Reactions: GodisanAtheist