What are you playing nowadays? Share yo' thoughts.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I am replaying Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem - still way too fun and too short. :D

I also play UT99 because I run my own UT server. ;)

Reactions: CP5670 and Shmee

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I am replaying Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem - still way too fun and too short. :D

I also play UT99 because I run my own UT server. ;)
Are there Nali Warcows?

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Nice! I loved playing as those. I didn't like some servers, certain ones that wouldn't let you play as one.

CloakedNinja

Apr 6, 2022
Got my hands on Elder ring finally, having really good time. As for other games - Ready or Not, as it's like great successor of SWAT games.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Ever since I beat Castle Crashers with my kids, I've been on the hunt for a new 4 player couch co-op game to play through with them. I know Alien Hominid Invasion is going to be dropping from Behemoth which should provide an experience similar to Castle Crashers, but was looking to branch out as well.

Just so happened that Helldiver's Deluxe Edition was on sale recently on Steam (comes with all game DLC for $10). 4 player couch co-op friendly PvE objective based isometric shooter, the game is a bit complicated for the kiddos but they've been learning fast. Played through a few easy levels yesterday and it was an intense experience with the kids doing remarkably well (having some issues with the support abilities as well as some of the game mechanics like manual reloading). Pretty impressed, albeit a bit disappointed that the kids don't get to rank up their own Helldivers in couch co-op mode (exist as guest logins from my account).

We'll keep playing and see if the game has any staying power. If its any good, might go check out the revived Gauntlet game from the same studio.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Nice! I loved playing as those. I didn't like some servers, certain ones that wouldn't let you play as one.
double checked my server and it shows both warcow and atomic warcow.

Feb 4, 2009
Ever since I beat Castle Crashers with my kids, I've been on the hunt for a new 4 player couch co-op game to play through with them. I know Alien Hominid Invasion is going to be dropping from Behemoth which should provide an experience similar to Castle Crashers, but was looking to branch out as well.

Just so happened that Helldiver's Deluxe Edition was on sale recently on Steam (comes with all game DLC for $10). 4 player couch co-op friendly PvE objective based isometric shooter, the game is a bit complicated for the kiddos but they've been learning fast. Played through a few easy levels yesterday and it was an intense experience with the kids doing remarkably well (having some issues with the support abilities as well as some of the game mechanics like manual reloading). Pretty impressed, albeit a bit disappointed that the kids don't get to rank up their own Helldivers in couch co-op mode (exist as guest logins from my account).

We'll keep playing and see if the game has any staying power. If its any good, might go check out the revived Gauntlet game from the same studio.

Depending upon how old they are 7D2D is a great game to play with others. I have two friends that have family games going with it.
There is gore
There are drinking references
There is a strip club POI

Reactions: sandorski

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Depending upon how old they are 7D2D is a great game to play with others. I have two friends that have family games going with it.
There is gore
There are drinking references
There is a strip club POI

As in 7 days to die?

They're 9 and 5 so we're going to pump the breaks on that suggestion :p

Reactions: Fanatical Meat

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

Scott Pilgrim versus the World is a fantastic 4 player couch co-op game.
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is also a lot of fun.

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Scott Pilgrim versus the World is a fantastic 4 player couch co-op game.
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is also a lot of fun.

Looks like Scott Pilgrim vs World is unfortunately on Playstations only? Cannot find it on Steam, which might as well mean it doesn't exist to me.

Will definitate check out LiaDST though...

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Currently playing lost ark.... i am working at getting T3.
I want something fun to play tho... i am getting tired of the grinding.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Just started Dying Light 2. Seems pretty decent so far, but it's not Elden Ring and I really wish I had more Elden Ring left to play.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Just started Dying Light 2. Seems pretty decent so far, but it's not Elden Ring and I really wish I had more Elden Ring left to play.

Have you ever played Nioh 1 or 2? There is also The Surge 1 and 2 but the Nioh series is a bit better than those.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Have you ever played Nioh 1 or 2? There is also The Surge 1 and 2 but the Nioh series is a bit better than those.

I played Nioh 1, pretty good but didn't like it nearly as much as souls games. I really hated the sloth talisman in that game, felt so cheap. Haven't gotten to Nioh 2 yet.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I played Nioh 1, pretty good but didn't like it nearly as much as souls games. I really hated the sloth talisman in that game, felt so cheap. Haven't gotten to Nioh 2 yet.

Nioh 2 is just a straight upgrade, basically polished up first game. The first 1 was rather easy but 2 kicks up the difficulty more, adds in more levels, items, sets and enemies. It's obviously no Elden Ring but I'd say it's comparable to DS3 where 1 I would say is more comparable to DS1 or 2.

Reactions: SteveGrabowski

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Nioh 2 is just a straight upgrade, basically polished up first game. The first 1 was rather easy but 2 kicks up the difficulty more, adds in more levels, items, sets and enemies. It's obviously no Elden Ring but I'd say it's comparable to DS3 where 1 I would say is more comparable to DS1 or 2.

Yeah the first started off really difficult, Hino-Enma had to be the hardest early game boss I can remember fighting. But trailed off a lot in difficulty after that fight. Except when scrub enemies would use sloth against you, that was infuriating.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Still waiting on Witcher 3 to get its 2022 "Enhanced Edition" update, which is rumored to include all the DLC in one free update to all W3 owners (and given the **** show that has been the Cyberpunk rollout and CD Projeck Red's tendancy to upgrade existing owners for free there is a good chance it'll happen). Not interested in starting/finishing the main game and then getting the supposedly very high quality DLC later when I likely will not revisit the game ever again.

As for right now, I just fired up Batman Arkham Origins, which is a maligned entry in the series but mostly because it didn't really do anything differently than City, which is fine by me. I'll treat it like comfort food.
Just finished my first playthrough of 2077. RT reflections on the cars and wet streets is definitely pretty. Gameplay is best IMO, when I am doing gigs and side jobs.

I don't care how much trash people talk about the Arkham games, I like all of them, even Knight. I was on console up until Origins, so playing them with all of the settings maxed and PhysX effects is great. And I love a good beat 'em up. Timing, combos, and variety of weapons, plus doing it with cool Batsuits you unlock; what's not to like? And Knight still looks great on max settings. The vehicle stuff can be annoying, but still a great looking and fun game.

I'm currently working my way through Shadow of the Tomb Raider during my solo sessions, and playing through Lego Lord of the Rings with my partner on weekends.
I have been playing the Lego Star Wars Saga from GOG. Brings back warm feels of playing co-op with my son when he was a kid. Clever, great humor, and all around wholesome entertainment.

Latest games played - CyberPunk'd 2077, Halo Infinite, Witcher 3, Fallout 3&4, Lego Star Wars, BulletStorm playthrough as Duke Nukem.

Games I keep abandoning after an hour or 2 and not coming back to for months and months. Rage 2, Tomb Raider Trilogy, Borderlands The Pre-Sequel, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, FarCry 5. I guess I am just burned out on their gameplay for now?

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
So I've been playing OW1 more than usual thanks to OW2 beta coming in 5 days.

If you've been following the news, OW2 has been in development hell since OW1 came out 6 years ago.

Although I'm excited for it (anything new for OW!), the numbered sequel feels very uninspired to me after all these years. It's same engine, same damn map, same heroes. They're adding 1 hero with 4 redesigns of existing heroes and making it 5v5 with few new maps.

What kind of sequel is this? It should've been aptly called OW DLC or Update or whatever. I think the execs wanted them to call it a sequel for $$ & hype.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
As for Blizzard games, I wish I had more friends who would do SC2 coop with me.

<raises hand> UK though, so if you're in a very different timezone then that might be a problem. I play some maps (Dead of Night in particular) on brutal, mostly hard though. Mutations I prefer to play on normal then hard once I know how hard it's going to be.