What are you playing now? [Chat + Discussions]

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Completed Mass Effect Andromeda,now playing Mafia 3 and The Evil WIthin 2.

- For all the hate from the community, I felt like ME Andromeda was not nearly as bad a game as it was made out to be. It had the potential to be much better than it was,but given how badly the development was managed and how little actual production time went into the final product it was enjoyable enough to play through twice (one as a nice guy and the other as a bad guy).

Granted, nothing really changed at the end, but that's been true of Bioware games for a while now.

mohit9206

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2013
- For all the hate from the community, I felt like ME Andromeda was not nearly as bad a game as it was made out to be. It had the potential to be much better than it was,but given how badly the development was managed and how little actual production time went into the final product it was enjoyable enough to play through twice (one as a nice guy and the other as a bad guy).

Granted, nothing really changed at the end, but that's been true of Bioware games for a while now.
Yeah i agree ME Andromeda was decent. I'd give it a 7/10. But ofcourse it could have been much better

swx4all

Nov 29, 2018
Ring of Elysium, EU servers just launched, PUBG should've been this way gameplay-wise, also there is a cool twist in the end zone with a helicopter, check it out.

Alamat

Apr 30, 2003
Just got COD Infinite Warfare Legacy edition for about $15. Actually just wanted to see MW remastered.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Just completed Brutal Legend.

If you enjoy Heavy Metal, the culture surrounding heavy metal, have ever gazed at the fantastic album art of the classic heavy metal bands and let the music take you to that place, this game is for you. Also, possibly the greatest licensed soundtrack ever assembled for a game. If you're looking for something thematically different than just about anything you've ever played before, this game will scratch that itch.

You play as a Roadie who is killed in a freak accident and transported to a stupidly, absurdly, awesome world molded by all that awesome metal album art, where heavy metal is magic and insane guitar solos electrocute and burn enemies.

The back story is great, the world is great, the art direction is sublime, the soundtrack is incredible, the gameplay feels limited and a bit basic, I hate that the entire backstory of the game is hidden in collectibles (but presented in fantastic snippets of moving art).

Its ultimately an open world game with RTS elements thrown in, the game play is fairly basic third person hack n slash and the RTS element is heavily MOBA inspired as you control the main character while simultaneously creating and commanding troops to capture resource points and destroy the enemy HQ (in this case, a heavy metal stage show).

Not sure what to follow this up with, after a gameworld this unique, everything else is probably going to feel derivative and bland at this point.

Might take a short break.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
As a long-time fan and avid listener of underground metal, and one who appreciates incredible album art, I can honestly say that I am ashamed that I've never actually played Brutal Legend--despite always hearing good things about the game. The art design always looked a little too cartoon-y for me but I suppose anything with Jack Black shouldn't be taken that seriously.

Might have to finally give it a go.

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I'm currently playing The Room Three. It is very good. I recommend all three The Room games.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I wasn't aware there was a third Room game. I loved the first two, even if they were pretty simple and short.

AMD64Blondie

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2013
Mostly been playing FiveM(it's a GTA 5 multiplayer-not on Rockstar's servers- mod).

(Highly recommend having a headset microphone,or better yet,a headphones/standalone USB microphone setup).

Although,I'm also playing a decent amount of Assassin's Creed:Odyssey(PC Steam version.)

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I'm playing the Rusty Lake series. I'm not in love with it but I will probably finish it anyway.

mohit9206

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2013
Just got COD Infinite Warfare Legacy edition for about $15. Actually just wanted to see MW remastered.
Do play the Infinite Warfare campaign, its pretty good. Am currently playing it and its really good. I also liked Advanced Warfare campaign.

May 11, 2008
Area 51.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51_(2005_video_game)

220px-Area_51.jpg

This game has been put in the public domain it seems.

free download :
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Area_51_(2005)
If the patch is not downloading :
https://www.fileplanet.com/archive/p-76536/Area-51-Patch-v1-2-United-States

Be sure to do a full and thorough virus scan of the files. You can never be too sure.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Split between PC and console.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Just Cause 4
Battlefield 5

Spider Man DLC on PS4
Bunch of PSVR games

JPB

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2005
Area 51.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51_(2005_video_game)

220px-Area_51.jpg

This game has been put in the public domain it seems.

free download :
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Area_51_(2005)
If the patch is not downloading :
https://www.fileplanet.com/archive/p-76536/Area-51-Patch-v1-2-United-States

Be sure to do a full and thorough virus scan of the files. You can never be too sure.
I remember playing this game a lot. I still have an almost new boxed copy. One of my favorites. Didnt care much for Blacksite though.

May 11, 2008
I remember playing this game a lot. I still have an almost new boxed copy. One of my favorites. Didnt care much for Blacksite though.

I also have an almost pristine copy, bought years ago.
But unfortunately, the dvd copy protection of the game installer no longer functions correctly since windows 10 does not support dvd copy protections as they where made then. I could not install the game. Luckily, the game has been put in the public domain it seems.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Red Dead 2 and Fallout 76 on Xbox.

I keep meaning to play Battlefield V on PC but I'm too much of a failure and haven't even yet, even though I've had it for weeks. fml

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Splitting my time between Tales of Cold Steel 2 and 3DS remake of Bowsers Inside Story.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I just completed Batman: Arkham City.

Again, like WB Games' Shadow series and the first Arkham game, every element of the game from the voice work to the level design to the gameplay are built to reinforce the fact that the protagonist is an ultimate level badass.

The game's narrative is well constructed in a sort of "worst night of Batman's life" kinda way with some fun twists and enough turf war intrigue to keep you interested.

WB's standard freeflow combat system is on full display and does an excellent job walking the line between challenging without being frustrating. The system also allows one vs many combat situations to "feel" natural (enemies will try to attack you simultaneously instead of queueing up) while also allowing the player to feel like they're in control of the situation without a bunch of cheap hits.

The most entertaining segments of the game are the "predator" sections where you're given a room of goons to clear out, often times too heavily armored and varied in their equipment for a straight up fight. You hide in the shadows, picking them off one by one. As you take them down, the remaining baddies get more tense, panicked, change their patrol routines, take hostages, etc. These sections are extremely rewarding and are sprinkled through the game to shake things up.

The graphics are truly a sight to behold, even for a title of it's age. Arkham City feels like a real slum and appears logically constructed while still being easy to navigate. The amount of love that went into building the environment is astounding. Levels like the museum have so much detail packed into every scene that you could easy go tourist and spend some just walking around viewing the exibits. The art design is fantastic and anyone familiar with the prior Asylum game will feel right at home with the spot on "reimagining" of the standard repoitor of Batman villians.

Music is no slouch either, with solid environmental and orchestral tracks to ratchet up the tension at the right times. Sound design is equally superb, tons of environmental dialogue between the goons infesting Arkham City, with a solid cast of Batman veterans reprising their roles, including Mark Hamil as The Joker.

GOTY edition has just a Titanic amount of content, collectibles actually have some thought involved in their collection (Riddler trophies), extra combat challenge maps if you just want to kill some time and rack up high scores, a fairly interesting DLC featuring Robin, a subplot involving Catwoman, easy 100+ hours of content (I dipped my toes in but I'll never get to it all).

Worst aspect of the game has to be the side quests/missions. They're fun, and well designed, each featuring one of Batman's less notorious foes. However they are each multipart quests and after completing the first part it is often not at all obvious what needs to happen next. Some can be completed in a fairly straightforward way, while others trigger once, then good luck figuring out how to find the other pieces of the puzzle. Very frustrating if your time is limited, less so if you follow a guide.

The game is cheap as dirt and if you're looking to play one of the best super hero games ever made you should pick this one up post haste.

Don't know what I'm going to play next, but it's got a high bar to keep my attention after B:AC.