What are YOU paying for water?

Nov 17, 2019
Considering a couple of other threads, I'd say this is P&N, but if it needs to be moved to OT, so be it.

Where you are is optional.

I pay about $23/mo for the first 1,000 gallons and about $9/mo for each additional 1,000 gallons. The additional is per gallon, so if I only go over by 100 gallons, that all the additional I pay for.

This is water only, no sewer or anything else. All septic out here in the boonies.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
If I remember right, I get up to 8 CCF included in the baseline. Used 5 CCF last month. Apparently equal to 3,740 gallons. PNW. 2 adults and a 2 year old.
Current charges :
$19.94 Water
$4.09 Filtration
$80.73 Sewer
$3.99 Solid Waste Program

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
$0

Private 500ft deep well that feeds a whole house filtration system. Almost as good as the water I had at my house in Maine, which was basically Poland Springs. Not sure what the actual number is for the juice used to operate the pump, probably not that much.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
my water gets billed quarterly, so it comes out to about $60/mo, which includes a crapton of fees not directly tied to my usage. usage-related fees only... $18/mo.

i AM curious though, how much water do you all use per person per month?

i'm at about 1500gal/month, which seems really high. however when i did a quick google, the average seems to be about 2-3000gal/month per person, and as high as 6000gal/month. which seems downright excessive.

going to check for a water leak under the house because there are a few spots in the house that get next to 0 water pressure

Nov 17, 2019
going to check for a water leak under the house because there are a few spots in the house that get next to 0 water pressure
Water leak under the house would be extremely bad and could be very expensive.

I've found that parts of faucets can get clogegd with gunk (probably minerals) and reduce flow dramatically. Simply taking the faucet apart and cleaning it out helped restore flow.

Reactions: Fenixgoon

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Water leak under the house would be extremely bad and could be very expensive.

I've found that parts of faucets can get clogegd with gunk (probably minerals) and reduce flow dramatically. Simply taking the faucet apart and cleaning it out helped restore flow.
yeah my kitchen faucet is the OG in the house. i was actually going to replace the faucet and sink..but it's so held down with a massive amount of silicone and plumber's putty that i figured it would just be easier to do it when i overhaul the kitchen.

hot water comes out fine though. just cold water that's the problem. on the plus side, the house is pier on beam, so getting under the house is trivial.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
my water gets billed quarterly, so it comes out to about $60/mo, which includes a crapton of fees not directly tied to my usage. usage-related fees only... $18/mo.

i AM curious though, how much water do you all use per person per month?

i'm at about 1500gal/month, which seems really high. however when i did a quick google, the average seems to be about 2-3000gal/month per person, and as high as 6000gal/month. which seems downright excessive.

That's not too far off our number of ~1,800/adult, which is higher than it needs to be because there's a leaky flapper in the downstairs toilet that I can't be arsed to do anything about because I'm renting. So it flushes itself, I dunno, once every hour or two?

Reactions: Fenixgoon

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
$0

Private 500ft deep well that feeds a whole house filtration system. Almost as good as the water I had at my house in Maine, which was basically Poland Springs. Not sure what the actual number is for the juice used to operate the pump, probably not that much.
Our group B well power bill is about $15 every two months, 4 houses.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
I just spent $350 on a filtration unit since I live in Texas and can’t depend on having potable water year round now.

I can however open carry without a permit but I found shooting the water left it with a metallic taste.

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba and Leeea

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Water? nothing at the moment

Sewer? about a $1 a day - to close to a large body of water at the moment so 100% has to be pumped, drain field not doable :(

not factored in? capitol costs installing the well / sewer tank

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
i think we pay a connection fee of around $30/month then...3.5 cents/cu.ft.
The city adds a fuck ton of fees including about $40 for ambulance service...and taxes...

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
That's not too far off our number of ~1,800/adult, which is higher than it needs to be because there's a leaky flapper in the downstairs toilet that I can't be arsed to do anything about because I'm renting. So it flushes itself, I dunno, once every hour or two?
Unless it's included in your rent, that can be expensive.
I had a leaky flapper, tank would top off every half hour or so.

I have no idea of usage, but then again it seems like its always over a 100.

Just recently fixed the leaky toilet tank with a leak proof setup meaning if you don't hit the handle, if water is slow leaking out the float will not drop and refill. It has 2 chains on it. Also states that you can control the power of the flush depending on the rotation point of the flapper. It does flush better, and never refills until you pull the handle.

All that being said. I have a balance forward of 90. Which doesn't seem right. Current usage for April to May says 20, IDK if that is gallons or what. But the current cost for that is 26.10 with .78 local tax and 4.00 for FM whatever that is.

I do know the reconnect fee is 75.00 if they come and shut it off.

FM equals Fire Membership. Was on the back.

Looks like it is a little more than a dollar a gallon.

Our water dept, finally accepts debit and credit cards, only implemented because of Covid. But it is a 4% fee to use that. Prior it was cash or check only.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
The cost of the water itself is low (less than $20 or so a month) but if you add TOTAL costs of ALL other costs such as sewerage, trash pick up, ambulance fee, and a few of other items, then the total bill would go up to about $70-$80 a month.

I will see if I can find an old bill with all the itemized costs.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
The cost of the water itself is low (less than $20 or so a month) but if you add TOTAL costs of ALL other costs such as sewerage, trash pick up, ambulance fee, and a few of other items, then the total bill would go up to about $70-$80 a month.

I will see if I can find an old bill with all the itemized costs.
Around here, we don't have those added in costs, with exception of fire. We have to pay for trash pickup directly to the Trash man. No sewerage fees, all septic around here, no natural gas either.
Ambulance, I believe they direct bill. Local hospital got picked up by a conglomerate. So that's out as well.

Our largest burden is the Local Electric Co-op. It's a co-op and yet you would think it's Detroit Edison. (where I am originally from) Gotta love pre paid electric service. If it is .01 negative, 10 dollar minimum for it to not shut off at 9am, excluding weekends of course.

Jun 18, 2000
Water bill last month was about $80. The sewer bill was well over $100 on top of that because of assessments for expensive infrastructure work. It's ridiculous how expensive it's gotten.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
£62 for water and sewer. :(
Not on a water meter so that's a flat rate, I could possibly reduce it a bit by getting a meter but I like a bath and I have a big garden.

UnklSnappy

Apr 13, 2004
We pay $3.53 per 1000 gallons plus a base charge of $0.24 per day which is billed quarterly.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Private well also, along with a septic system that we have pumped when required. The wife has a garbage bin at her business, so we drop our garbage off there. It is all very cheap until we would need to dig up or replace the septic system. Well pumps are relatively cheap, and can last quite a few years.

I remember several years ago our governor floated the idea of taxing private wells because they take water out of the public aquifers, that did not go over well at all. Scott Walker of course.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
427 for two months. About 2.2 cubic meter a day. That's water and sewage.

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I feel lucky. It's only about $30 a month. We have a Public Utility District (PUD) water system. Basic consumption for 2 months, minimum fee is 53.08 for 2 months. I used 3740 gallons (500 cu ft.) in 4 months. Bill was 124.29. It's only for water, nothing else. Garbage is WM @ a bit less than $60 for 2 months (includes 2 week recycling).

Last edited:

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
$4.20 per CCF (hundred cubic feet or 748 gallons), plus base fee 10¢/day
Sewage based on water consumption, at $4.70 per CCF plus base/maintenance fee of 28¢/day.
Garbage $14/month
Rain tax (stormwater runoff) $5/month
Recycling - free

We are on virgin water.... never been through a toilet before it reaches the house. Large watershed up in the mountains less than 15 miles away.

My biggest problem is the pressure since it comes down from the mountains, often exceeding over 300PSI at the water meter. Have two commercial grade pressure reducing valves installed in series between the meter and the house.

Last edited: