What are you making or having for Thanksgiving?

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Just the two of us this year so we've scaled it back (no turkey, various casseroles etc)

Filet minion with balsamic glaze and feta
Homemade mashed potatoes
Stuffing
Biscuits
Homemade pumpkin pie
Probably a Merlot to drink

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Celebrating with my sister's family. We're skipping the turkey and doing the steak and crab legs. My sister will pickup the ribeye steaks, and I'm buying box of king crab legs from Costco. Then normal sides. I might pickup Costco rotisserie chicken in case someone wants something other than steak.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Filet minion
:D

639.jpg

Roast Turkey
whipped garlic potatoes
fresh green beans
Deviled eggs
risotto

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I have a nice rack of ribs marinating as we speak ... will also be picking up a "care-package" Turkey meal courtesy of the ex-wife. (hoping it won't be poisened!)

As I mentioned in an earlier post this year will be a first-ever completely solo Thanksgiving dinner... but at least I should get to pass on the side of Covid many will be having along with their feast.

:oops:

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
I have a nice rack of ribs marinating as we speak ... will also be picking up a "care-package" Turkey meal courtesy of the ex-wife. (hoping it won't be poisened!)

As I mentioned in an earlier post this year will be a first-ever completely solo Thanksgiving dinner... but at least I should get to pass on the side of Covid many will be having along with their feast.

:oops:
Wait... Your ex wife is making food for you?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
NORMALLY, just the two of us, but this year, one of our elderly neighbors will be joining us.

Roast turkey with dressing. (Not stuffed into the bird)
mashed potatoes with gravy
candied sweet potatoes
green bean casserole
rolls and butter
some kind of crudités tray

pumpkin pie
apple pie
cranberry nut bread

My wife decided to try the Safeway order on line, pick up thing last week. Ordered a 10-12 lb turkey...ended up with one almost 18 lbs. :rolleyes: BUT, it was free because of how much she spent, so I guess we'll be having turkey for a while...like months. (Leftovers will be stuck in seal-a-meal bags and frozen)

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
This will be the first year I'm celebrating Thanksgiving alone, so here's what I'm making:

Appetizers
-Potato skins
-Jalapeno poppers
-Mom's clam dip with crackers

insert nap here

Dinner
-5lb. split-breast turkey
-Mom's glazed carrots with bacon and onions
-Sauteed green beans
-Roasted potatoes
-Turkey gravy

And, of course, a bottle of wine. For dessert, my mom sent me an 8" Junior's pumpkin pie cheesecake; otherwise, I would have made a pumpkin pie from scratch (real pumpkins, none of that canned squash crap!)

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Roasted onion dip
Cheese plate
paired w/ Merry Edwards Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2018

Turkey breast
Dressing
Green Bean Casserole
Hasselback Potato Gratin
Dinner Rolls
paired w/ Domaine Matrot Bourgone 2017

Chocolate Cream Pie
Apple Pie
paired w/ Willett 6 year barrel proof rye

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
My partner is making a turkey, so if she doesn't bung that up, I'll be eating some turkey. If she does, frozen pizza is on hand!
This will be the first time in years I'm not smoking a turkey, but I left the smoker behind when I moved.

Reactions: Muse

nisryus

Sep 11, 2007
Roasted baby back ribs
Green Beans (not casserole)
Candied carrots
Korean braised potato (gamja jorim)
Dinner rolls
Apple pie and ice cream
Tofu pudding

Since only three of us, no need for appetizers

Reactions: Captante and Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Are you trying to pick a fight?
No sir, sorry to offend you. I made that determination in 1969. I suppose the genome of pumpkins and sweet potatoes have changed by now. AFAIK, apple takes the cake now. :rolleyes:

I could make a blackberry pie (from home canned personally picked blackberries), or Japanese pumpkins (HG, I have about 50lb sitting indoors), apple too, but have 8lb of sweet potatoes, and a mind to make SP pie. Enjoy your TG.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
It's the usual this year even though it's just the four of us. We decided not to host this year because of Covid but my wife wanted to do the traditional fixings that come with a typical TG dinner.

Turkey(spatchcocked btw. it's awesome served this way!)
stuffing
green bean casserole
some type of mashed potato
and of course a pumpkin pie

Last edited:
Reactions: Muse

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Thanksgiving was in October. ;)

I am going to make burgers and some homemade baked beans tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

:D

Reactions: Captante

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Yum yum! Im going to have me some turkey, green beans, stuffin, and a healthy dose of mashed potatoes! All in a manner of minutes.

And, all by meself. I'll be looking out my window while I munch down on some green peas. :cry:

View attachment 34583

Was that the original Swanson turkey dinner from the 50s? You are finaly going to eat it after 60+ years in deep freeze?

Nov 8, 2012
Tonight? Delicious fucking burgers from a local joint that serves great food and beer.

Tomorrow: My mom is picking up food from cracker barrel for whatever reason. She is newly retired and I guess doesn't feel like cooking for Thanksgiving. Bringing in a fruit salad to add. Going to be a very light Thanksgiving, eating outside, etc.

I already miss buying a honey baked ham... Good shit...

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I just had a chicken melt combo from WhataBurger for dinner. Tomorrow? Just another day. Either leftover or something quick.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Putting my fancy new toaster oven to good use:

Breakfast:
Sous-vide egg bites (egg white, broccoli, and sharp cheddar)
Sous-vide pork sausage eggs & patties (cast-iron seared)
APO steam-injected no-knead demi-baguettes

Lunch:
Sous-vide lamb chops
Fondant potatoes
Feta & spinach salad

Dinner:
Sous-vide turkey tenderloin
Green bean casserole
Funeral potatoes
Sous-vide eggnog

Dessert: (theme is "deconstructed pumpkin pie!")
Sous-vide pumpkin pot de creme
Starbucks copycat Ginger-molasses cookie

Everything is cooking now, sous-vide in the APO at 140F for 3 hours. Tomorrow is basically just heat & eat!

1606354670745.png

Reactions: snoopy7548

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Yum yum! Im going to have me some turkey, green beans, stuffin, and a healthy dose of mashed potatoes! All in a manner of minutes.

And, all by meself. I'll be looking out my window while I munch down on some green peas. :cry:

View attachment 34583

Don't worry, we'll all be here for you on ATOT lol

jmagg

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
Everything was going well yesterday, mashed done, beans done, stuffing epic. Dumped a full yam pie sans crust inside the oven. Had to take the oven apart to clean up. doh

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Everything was going well yesterday, mashed done, beans done, stuffing epic. Dumped a full yam pie sans crust inside the oven. Had to take the oven apart to clean up. doh
In my head, I see one of those infomercial disasters. Pitch man - "Tired of spilling that pie filling everywhere? And the messy clean up? You need the new Bake-O-Matic !"

What stuffing did you make?