What are you hoping goes on sale during the steam summer sale?

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
While we are waiting for the steam summer sale, what are some of the games you are watching?

I am creating a new steam account for family members (especially grandkids) and guest to use while they are visiting and/or spending the night. We have 4 computers in the house, 3 are used for gaming. My son (18 years old) has his steam account, but he is living with his mom. I do not want people trying to play on my sons steam account while he is using it.

While the steam sale is going on, I will be buying several games and gifting them to the new account.

Skyrim - for myself
Borderlands - amazon has it on sale, bought one copy couple of days ago
Dead Island
Unreal pack
id pack
Left 4 dead 1 & 2
Serious Sam pack

I am mostly looking for multiplayer games that the family can play over the lan. Also, I am looking for a combination of games that we can play co-op and deathmatch with

Last edited:

acheron

Diamond Member
May 27, 2008
The Civ V expansion would be nice, though it just came out so that seems unlikely.

I'd probably pick up Tropico 4 if it went on sale.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Well I'm hoping Steam comes strong, or not at all. Being late to the summer sales party, they better do something.

I'm looking for Legend of Grimrock, OMD2 (a pre-order sale), and any old WWII FPS (CoD2, MoH Airborne, etc.). Maybe Witcher2 and/or Kingdoms of Amalur.

And I still don't have Trine or Bastion.

But I don't really have the time either!

TheKub

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
$5 or less Dead Island or ~$10 Witcher 2

Thats really all I would actively look for. That said 80% of my steam purchases have been "ooh thats pretty cheap and the video looks decent" *buy*.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
is there going to be a steam summer sale? i thought it would have started by now

Whirlwind

Nov 4, 2006
All Saints Row 3 DLC

Then just hope to snag some nice games at that $4.99 sweet spot that I look for :)

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Fallout 3 GOTY, RAGE for $7.5 or less, Serious Sam 3 for $10 or less, Legend of Grimrock,The Witcher 2,Risen, Trine 2, Choplifter HD, Alan Wake and Toy Soldiers.

Of course, I have no time to play any of these, but I'm excited to buy them for cheap :D

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Fallout 3 GOTY, RAGE for $7.5 or less,

My stepson likes RPGs. If some good ones go on sale I might buy some, store them in my inventory and then gift them to him over the next few months.

I bought him Fallout 3 last year, if New Vegas or Oblivion goes on sale, I might buy them as well.

During last years holiday sale I bought my stepson a few games and stored them in my inventory. His birthday is in late january. When his birthday came around I gifted them to him.

AlexAL

Jan 23, 2008
All GTA
Heroes of Might and Magic 5
Torchlight 1 for like 3.75
Saint Row 3 DLC
Witcher
Bard's Tale
Legend of Grimrock

FalconHorse

Jul 22, 2011
Skyrim, Witcher 2, Civ V expansion maybe, Alan Wake, CK2 expansion (I know it's only $10, but if the sale is this close, and paradox games always get the sale...). Maybe Arma II for DayZ and Grimrock. Not that I have time for any of these *stares at backlog*.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I'm feeling confident the sale will start on the 12th, been getting a fair amount of updates for games that normally don't get them :D