What are you getting for Black Friday?

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
Had to pick up a few toddler things that were on sale. I picked up a few things for myself but nothing on sale for BF, just happened to coincide with a work bonus.

Reactions: Kaido

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I have 4 items on my "BF Watch List."

zojirushi bread maker
good (not overly expensive) 3.1 ch. sound bar
1 tb SATA SSD for my wife's PC
ARCTIC freezer II 240mm cooler

There are a couple of SSD's that might do...but no "screaming good deals." Otherwise...meh.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Tobacco, fire cider, and maybe pretzels. Mainly cause I'm home and thinking about it. Only one actually has any discount.

I don't like hard pretzels at all. I don't mind them wrapped in chocolate & caramel tho:

HOWEVER: Dot's came out with a new line of pretzel sticks. They are basically mini, crunchy breadsticks and they are AMAZING! Literally the ONLY hard pretzels I will eat! Get the red bag of original flavoring:

1669392161205.png

Reactions: lxskllr

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004

zojirushi bread maker

There are a couple of SSD's that might do...but no "screaming good deals." Otherwise...meh.

I archived RideFree's famous "bread machine bread" over here, still the best toasting bread!!

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
These are the pretzels I get(the original special hard)...

What makes them good is there's no fat added so they have extra crispy crunch, and since they're hand twisted, they have thin and thick portions which have different characteristics in the same pretzel. The flavor's exceptionally good in an understated way. Something like Snyders or any of the mass market brands don't even come close.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
These are the pretzels I get(the original special hard)...

What makes them good is there's no fat added so they have extra crispy crunch, and since they're hand twisted, they have thin and thick portions which have different characteristics in the same pretzel. The flavor's exceptionally good in an understated way. Something like Snyders or any of the mass market brands don't even come close.

Okay, I'm gonna try them. Do you order them online? Do you get the regular salt option?

I went through PA recently & did the Amish county tour...homemade root beer, cheese (to die for), pretzels (so good I hit it up on the way back LOL), etc. Oh my gosh, real food is SO GOOD lol.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Okay, I'm gonna try them. Do you order them online? Do you get the regular salt option?

I went through PA recently & did the Amish county tour...homemade root beer, cheese (to die for), pretzels (so good I hit it up on the way back LOL), etc. Oh my gosh, real food is SO GOOD lol.
I get the bulk box, which is cheaper, but you get a fair amount of breakage during shipping, which isn't a big deal to me. My favorites are the original special hard with normal salt, and the whole wheat with sesame seed. The whole wheat has very different characteristics. I can't say which is better, but I lean towards the original special hard. They ship to your house, and it's included in price. On this page you can order a sampler...

I'm uncertain how to order some of the variants like extra dark, extra salt, or whatever. You may be able to specify in the order comments. The only one I'd avoid is the Hearth Hard. They aren't bad, but they're exceptionally bland. I could see using them for cooking where you want some pretzel crunch, but not much flavor. Even so, the originals aren't exactly a flavor explosion, so I'm not sure what their place is.

Nov 17, 2019
I don't shop at all this week, any year. None. No where.

I have a load of errands to run Tuesday next week and might stop at a store or two.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Just placed my first order, there is a coupon for 15% off.

I'm probably going to pick up 2 of these as well.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Just placed my first order, there is a coupon for 15% off.

I'm probably going to pick up 2 of these as well.

Someday, I want to build one of those virtual pinball machines:

I had to get rid of all of my Arcade 1up machines when I moved because I didn't have the space, so my nephews are enjoy them now lol. But a full-sized multi-arcade & a full-sized digital pinball machine would be perfect!

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Someday, I want to build one of those virtual pinball machines:

I had to get rid of all of my Arcade 1up machines when I moved because I didn't have the space, so my nephews are enjoy them now lol. But a full-sized multi-arcade & a full-sized digital pinball machine would be perfect!
Before you do that, make sure you have played one before.

I will disagree with the thumbnail and that it does NOT feel like real pinball, at all. They are neat to have as complimentary to try out a bunch of different tables, but as a primary one, I personally couldn't do it. That's why I'm saying just be sure to play one before doing all that work.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I bought an album off bandcamp but it had nothing to do with Black Friday. I don't expect to be buying anything else today.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
@Kaido clicking your link kind of put me onto another vpin review and I saw this one here, and it's time stamped at the Jurassic Park table.

I own the real JP machine and I can tell you, that table plays NOTHING like the real thing. And I don't just mean like the layout and stuff, I am talking about how the ball actually moves. The way it falls down so quickly from the right wireform to the inlane is just so unrealistic. Same with the backhand shot up the right ramp, that simply is not possible at all in the real game. Just watching that table and how the ball travels so "wrong" is a total turnoff. And the sound and what is on the screen is 100% not what is in the real game.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004

zojirushi bread maker

I think Klipsch is running a pretty good bunch of offers right now if you don't mind the sound of their horns.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
NAS
Hard drives for said NAS
New running shoes
Rigid battery powered tire inflator
My wife got some supplements on sale
Still time for a few more things

HOWEVER: Dot's came out with a new line of pretzel sticks. They are basically mini, crunchy breadsticks and they are AMAZING! Literally the ONLY hard pretzels I will eat! Get the red bag of original flavoring:
Wait the red bag is their new bag? We've been able to buy these for awhile (like all year at least)

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
A break from moving and driving and spending. I might go out far enough to fill the tank on my wife's car for her.
When you are planning to move for the first time in 26 years, you tend to swear off any form of retail therapy too.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Aside from the previously mentioned, I got some licorice, kippered herring, and Swedish Match matches from amazon. There's some good sales on climbing gear going on, but I don't really need anything.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I snagged myself a set of Eddie Bauer plaid flannel sheets! :)

915G8rzy07L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Those are excellent sheets if they're the same as the ones I have. I scored mine at the thrift shop, so no idea regarding age. I've had them a few years now, and who knows how long they were around before that.