What are you drinking tonight?

Page 119 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
nN8lRj.jpg

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Far too much beer in here for me, don't really care for it. Although Duvel isn't bad. I prefer liquor, and straight.

2zdvnfm.jpg

uG8VZ7I.jpg

L211yH6.jpg

Several choices, I prefer dark liquor. Whisky, Cognac, Rum, and Bourbon. Those two are my current favs. At almost 120 proof, its pretty strong. The wine is for my wife. She likes beer and wine.

edit, sorry for the size. There was no option for resizing, even my 34" WS monitor is stretched to the limits with those images.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Tonight is a large cookout I'm hosting and first official batch of "Summer Beer" for the year.

6 cans of shitty light beer
1 can of frozen limeade
Fill empty can of Limeade with citrus vodka

Put it all in a pitcher and enjoy. It goes down smooth and is usually a big hit.

Reactions: gorb

gorb

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2011
pics from last week:
Kq9llQN.jpg

MEkzfak.jpg

Went to the Grapevine Craft Brewery on Saturday for their 2nd anniversary. Only had two beers - Nightwatch Oatmeal Stout (on nitro) and two half pours of Witherspoon Barrel-Aged the Master Coffee Stout. They were pretty good :)
uQW0kpI.jpg

http://www.grapevineontap.com/

Nov 8, 2012
Had this tonight. I can definitely say it's one of the best imperial stouts I've had. Pretty damn good, and you sure as hell wouldn't know it's 11.1% ABV.

u29MIhh.jpg

Reactions: gorb

elitejp

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2010
I do a bit of homebrewing so really its normally a choice of a pale ale, amber or most recently a dark stout.
After drinking my homebrews for a while its almost hard to go back to belgium beers

Nov 8, 2012
I do a bit of homebrewing so really its normally a choice of a pale ale, amber or most recently a dark stout.
After drinking my homebrews for a while its almost hard to go back to belgium beers

You shut your whore mouth right now good sir.

No but seriously, after I experienced a good Belgian beer, I can't go back. I was at a point where I was having at least 1-3 every night.

gorb

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2011
I didn't pick up the mole version of share this. I did have the coffee version and liked it. If I see it around I'll try to get it :)

Had this last night:
Lfy4vu2.png

Nov 8, 2012
I didn't pick up the mole version of share this. I did have the coffee version and liked it. If I see it around I'll try to get it :)

Had this last night:
Lfy4vu2.png

You have HEB grocery stores in your area right?

Protip: If you shop there weekly or anything, stop by their clearance section EVERY time. I live in a middle class-ish area, so the majority of people that live around me buy the likes of Bud light and other shit beers. So when the HEB puts out things like Belgian bombers and other 750ml bottles, they typically don't sell. Unsurprisingly, I catch them on the clearance rack occasionally.

This week I found Sharethis Mole on the clearance rack for $8 (normally $16) and Mischief for $5 (normally $10).

gorb

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2011
You have HEB grocery stores in your area right?

Unfortunately HEB's presence in north TX is minimal. The nearest store is approximately 45 minutes south in Burleson. I do try to stop by from time to time but I've never seen beer marked down. I've got plenty of stores in the area with great selections however. Central Market (HEB owned store) had their beer week recently with 20% off beer purchases over $25. I'd love if it was 50% :D

Nov 8, 2012
bruery-beer.jpg

Though I absolutely hate IPA's because they are so bland, boring, and bitter - this was a decent change-up from my normal Belgian's. They managed to throw in some hops and still make it taste reasonable, probably because the Belgian style helps balance things.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I got some Fever Tree tonic water from the store, and put the gin in the freezer. I'll have gin & tonic in a couple hours. First of the season :^)

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Irish made Guinness extra stout, and a gin & tonic made with Hendricks gin. I'm *really* digging the Hendricks. It takes the G&T to a whole new level. I've never been a big gin fan, but I could enjoy the Hendricks straight. A little sweeter than a London dry, and richer flavor without the astringent bite of my previous pick, Bombay Sapphire.