What are you drinking tonight?

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
I'm at work, I have the stupid cold/virus/SARS thing and I didn't get enough sleep. There's still 2.5 days of fail until the weekend :thumbsdown:

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
I'm a college student, so if I have the spare $$ I'll get some Johnnie Walker black label... good enough for me. Scotch > Bourbon.

That said if it's cheap enough I might get some 8 yo Jim Beam black label. Decent enough I guess...

Or stick to my $4/bottle sake...

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Not working today, but it snowed just enough so I'll have to shovel & the kids have 90-minute school-delays ... I'm drinking coffee.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Hmm, I should have clarified that the scotch is for the weekend, to be enjoyed in small quantities :)

Right now I'm drinking coffee.

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
when I get home after work, limoncello. I need to finish my last batch to get ready for the next one.

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
Originally posted by: Fullmetal Chocobo
when I get home after work, limoncello. I need to finish my last batch to get ready for the next one.

Hows making limoncello? I had some when I was in Sorrento and it was fabulous!

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Home made? I have a friend who makes Lemocello, Orangecello and cream versions of both and they are outstanding and deadly (100+ proof)

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by: dug777

I guess I could add a nice Cuban to the mix without spoiling it ;)

I'm on the US East Coast, so this would be last night, but I also had the latest edition of the Economist and a Glenlivet 12.

The Economist is really covering the US political race pretty hard for a non-American publication. I was really hoping for something else this week since every other news outlet is covering the primaries.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I'll respond to this as if it was last night... rum and vodka mixed with kool aid. Right now it's Dr. Thunder pop.

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Home made? I have a friend who makes Lemocello, Orangecello and cream versions of both and they are outstanding and deadly (100+ proof)

Since I've got a lemon tree with tons of unused lemons I had Fullmetal Chocobo send me his recipe. Resulted in tasty stuff that packs a big punch.

If I ever have the patience to zest a jillion little limes from my lime tree, I'll try some limecello.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
you are so sophisticated. AAre you accessing the internet via satellite connection from your 120' sailing vessel?

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Yep. I do vodka & everclear batches, but I prefer the vodka ones. I use Skyy exclusively now, after trying about 10 different vodkas, which is funny because I won't drink Skyy normally, but it produces the best limoncello. I've made lemon, lime, orange, and soon a margarita (lime & orange mix just for shits and giggles). And I'm looking to start bottling next month (not selling, just saving, in case anyone from TeAm Anandtech or AT drops by).