What are you doing on election night?

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Are you tuning out, or tuning in?

What network will you trust with election night coverage?

Throwing a party with friends to celebrate?

Or joining volunteers to make calls and get out the vote?

Drinking games as the results come in?

Or hitting the hay early so the newspaper headlines can surprise you?

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
I'm going to be doing to my girlfriend what Bush has been doing to America for the last 8 years.

And when I take a break I will be in this forum to herald in a new era.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
I'm going to a party with both hard core liberals and hard core conservatives (and everything in-between). We're planning on having two TVs set up so nobody has to bitch about the network we're watching, and I plan on celebrating with my fellow liberals and assuring my conservative friends that if I survived 8 years of GWB, they can handle this...assuming things go that way, of course.

Interesting fact. We're probably going to have the TVs in two separate rooms to avoid volume wars, and while the Fox News room will be a total sausage fest, I'm going to be hanging out in the non-Fox room with most of the girls who are attending. Yet another reason to love being liberal ;)

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: techs
I'm going to be doing to my girlfriend what Bush has been doing to America for the last 8 years.

I don't think she's going to appreciate you destroying her credibility or lying to her in pursuit of your personal agenda :D

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
I will be watching the shield then turn to the local news to see which scum back Franken or Coleman won the senate race. Then I will tune to cable news to see if the democrats get their 60 seats.

If by a miracle the republicans can keep 43 seats or more I will celebrate.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
I'll be watching and posting while I slam back some beers (which I rarely do nowadays because I don't burn calories like I used to). Not going to bed until there's a final result in (unless there's some kind of 2000-esque debacle).

Ironically, the beer will probably not be American. :p

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
My best friend and I are having a party, she and I plan on playing some sort of drinking game based on who wins the states. The coverage is too boring to just continually watch, so we figure with enough people we can just spill into our courtyard, check back in every 20 minutes or so.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Rainsford

I don't think she's going to appreciate you destroying her credibility or lying to her in pursuit of your personal agenda :D

or taking away her civil rights.

Or torturing her!? :shocked:

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Coming over to your place, right? 40-50 of us thought it would be entertaining...

What I wonder about is whether p&n will become a ghost town a few days after. Seems that the number of posters has doubled the last few weeks. Even got some from atot which historically treats p&n with considerable disdain.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005

You're putting it in her pooper and then racking up a huge credit card bill??

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Playing Resistance 2 no doubt. :p

I'll have sent in my absentee ballot prior to than, and will be enjoying R2 throughout the day. :)
I'll probably check election coverage online, or just tune in on the tube before I hit the sack.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
this will be the first election day not throwing my biennial election day party since I started in 2000... nothing really election-related, I just couldn't justify taking a day off of work when I've got a vacation scheduled a week later and I'm basically taking off the last half of December and first half of January for some medical stuff... I can't see how the party would fly without having all day to cook and get drunk before the guests show up.

I'll probably vote on my way to work, work my normal 10-6, come home, watch CNN/drink, and hopefully start an Official 2008 Election Gloat/Moan thread so I can read the other official thread without having to read jpeyton splooging on himself every other post :p

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
I will be sitting here watching all the posts from the "winners" and "losers" of this campaign. Sadly, they don't know we all just lost.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
I will be sitting here watching all the posts from the "winners" and "losers" of this campaign. Sadly, they don't know we all just lost.

any chance we can get an official "Gloat and Moan" thread? :p

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Eeezee

You're putting it in her pooper and then racking up a huge tab on her credit card?

Slight fix.

Sorry Techs. But I'm LMFAO at this post... :laugh:

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: brencat
Originally posted by: Eeezee

You're putting it in her pooper and then racking up a huge tab on her credit card?

Slight fix.

Sorry Techs. But I'm LMFAO at this post... :laugh:
It was meant to be humorous. Hope you're enjoying it.