What are you buying with your $1200 check?

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
I spent my coronabucks on a shiny new Macbook Pro about two weeks before the direct deposit even arrived from the IRS.

While I needed a new laptop to replace my 6 year old clunker with a bad battery, it probably wasn't the best place to spend that money. Apple has something insane like 200 billion dollars in cash reserves, so they don't need economic stimulus money right now.

I spent about $700 or so on some stuff from Newegg for my computer, i made sure everything shipped from good old USA . Not a fan of those oversea shipments anyways. I got some other much needed stuff and i got a bit left saved just in case. I need nothing till mid June so gonna be home till then and cause of that i will prob have like $800 saved overall in reserve in June. Assuming everything is chill at end of year, that will go right into my computer. Ampere hopefully in sli and a 4000 series Ryzen. :) If these new stimulus deals get passed ,my dream build certainly will be a reality by end of this year or with discipline. My first solid build in 8 years.

I have no problems putting money back into the economy, i would have loved to support a local pc business but no one sells stuff like Newegg and well i rather be safe and home doing it from the comfort of my computer chair. I refuse to mix with people right now, i am not a fan of crowds so this thing going around just reinforces prior feelings. :)

skull

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
Hard to believe $1200 makes any kind of a difference to so many grown adults. A random extra $12000 might change my spending habits slightly but doubtful even then. And I'm not even an ATOT millionaire what are yall house and car poor even though you make decent money like most americans?

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Hard to believe $1200 makes any kind of a difference to so many grown adults. A random extra $12000 might change my spending habits slightly but doubtful even then. And I'm not even an ATOT millionaire what are yall house and car poor even though you make decent money like most americans?

If you have plenty in savings, feel comfortably employed in an essential business, then that money can go a long way for someone who might need it more ... like a donation to your favorite charity. Or maybe even handing out $100 to twelve random homeless people.

There have also been stories of millionaires leaving $100s all over the city to be found by the fortunate. You never know whose prayers you just answered. :)

• Love
Reactions: mopardude87

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
If you have plenty in savings, feel comfortably employed in an essential business, then that money can go a long way for someone who might need it more ... like a donation to your favorite charity. Or maybe even handing out $100 to twelve random homeless people.

There have also been stories of millionaires leaving $100s all over the city to be found by the fortunate. You never know whose prayers you just answered. :)

Maybe we should do a GoFundMe for Cheez? It looks like he might need a new scooter.

Feb 27, 2019
Thank You DONALD1\!!!
$1200?

WOOOOOOOOOo!!!!!
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!1

I merged CrackFiendCracker's thread titled I JUST BOUGHT A WHOLE BUNCH OF CRACK! into this thread.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Perknose

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Got my Trumpbux® Made a donation to somafm so far. I guess the rest will sit there awhile.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Newegg is owned by a Chinese company, if that matters to you.

Well not sure what to say,sorry i guess? Not gonna guilt me cause the lazy ass american market couldn't conjure up a place like Newegg if their life depended on it :)

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Well not sure what to say,sorry i guess? Not gonna guilt me cause the lazy ass american market couldn't conjure up a place like Newegg if their life depended on it :)
Guilt you? You're the one who talked about getting shipments from the USA so I thought you might care. I'll remember to not bother helping you in the future.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Guilt you? You're the one who talked about getting shipments from the USA so I thought you might care. I'll remember to not bother helping you in the future.

Edit: .

Unnecessary escalation. Take your own advice with your shite.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited:

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
We don't make crack in the US? Did we offshore that as well?
Nope, it's an All American product, made in small, carefully curated labs in the very finest of trailers, analagous to the craft beer boom. There's also a little known, but vital, Strategic Meth Reserve under Yucca Mountain next to the proposed nuclear waste site. Glow in the dark Meth!

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018

Stuff did ship from my state, why it would even matter where the stuff comes from at that point is of little concern. I know who had what i wanted and i picked it up, i would do it again in a second. It could come from the USA or a burnt up whored out church in the middle of early Babylon who really cares. Also i doubt you could help me do ANYTHING.

If China wants to work harder selling good stuff at good prices cause we lack the market i would buy EVERYTHING from Newegg. I would buy it JUST for you, knowing you care so much where i buy stuff.

Last edited: