What are they Hiding?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Kavanaugh will be confirmed. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The rats in power get the cheese. Right now, the two major political parties should be ashamed of themselves, but there is no honor among them, so the only ones who can possibly be ashamed of them, are us. I'm way past the days of voting partisan down the ballot. Yeah, both sides! Both sides suck!

Except this stuff only seems to happen when Republicans are in charge. From holding up judicial nominees, to holding up Garland to this.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
It's interesting hearing the contrast between 84 year old Grassley and 85 year old Feinstein. I've railed on her but she's still sharp as a tack and sounds 30 years younger than "Old man screams at clouds" Grassley.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Is Durbin hinting that Kavanaugh did drugs during an investigation or had DUI's? Or was that a reference to the White House Dr that was trying to get nominated for head of VA?

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Booker seems to be one of the few who can speak and communicate clearly like a normal person rather than a lawyer.

Should do well in the primaries if he runs.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
So the lawyer bickering is over. Ds will now sit down and lump it.

Kavenaugh will fly through without vetting his record, and will only suffer a speedbump for it.

Hope those Sens get lots of time on the campaign trail to explain you should vote for them even though they are so ineffective.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
So the lawyer bickering is over. Ds will now sit down and lump it.

Kavenaugh will fly through without vetting his record, and will only suffer a speedbump for it.

Hope those Sens get lots of time on the campaign trail to explain you should vote for them even though they are so ineffective.

Explain how Dems can block Kavanaugh w/o GOP defections. Or go with the usual victim blaming.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It's interesting hearing the contrast between 84 year old Grassley and 85 year old Feinstein. I've railed on her but she's still sharp as a tack and sounds 30 years younger than "Old man screams at clouds" Grassley.

Agree strongly on this.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Explain how Dems can block Kavanaugh w/o GOP defections. Or go with the usual victim blaming.

Right. Making a lot of noise and slow things down where possible, which is what they're doing, is basically all the Dems have. Left leaning voters demand a display of resistance and that's what they are delivering fairly well I think.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Yep, best hope they have is get all of it on record that they formally asked for a delay to properly review information. Get on record that Grassley actively tried to obstruct information. And generally make the GOP look like the facist fuckwits they really are.

Mission accomplished on that part. Now it's just try and grill and wait for the eventual rubber stamp from the GOP since this is what happens in the winner take all hyper partisan game of politics we've devolved to.

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016
Have the hearing playing in the background while I'm studying.

This Leahy guy killed it even though he seems like he's about to die. This is some banana republic level bullshit from the GOP pushing him through while withholding 90% of the documents.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
http://outline.com/3nXwhs

That is an Outline linked version of a WaPo article which reports that 42k documents by Bush have been released hours before the hearings. These are in addition to the 415K already given by his attornies.

No one was against the Iraq War before it happened than a very few here and now despite that horror Bush is a comparative patriot compared to these Republicans and Sessions the bulwark defense of the rule of law by not allowing Trump to make the DOJ the not so secret police against political enemies.

Eff me.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Its a messaging problem but people hate the "liberal media" because insert crazy random stupid reason. Or people, somehow, expected they were going to win people over with rational messaging against the tidal wave of fuck your feelings? The problem is you're ignoring that people didn't give a shit about the message much, they just wanted someone up there shouting about shit, and blaming someone else for their problems and promising to fix them, while everyone else was stuck with the insanity of it all. The media was just like "WTF, like everything around Turmp is insane, right?" And tried to point it out. But apparently they didn't do that enough? Or they did it too much and didn't focus on the issues, but you can't even figure out what they are (and that's their fault, not yours, obviously).

I think a lot of people would argue the media is in large part responsible for Trump. They still give platforms to Trump sycophants and still play "balance the parties".

You guys want them to appeal to emotion more, because somehow simply going "I want people to have health care so they don't die, I want them to have welfare so they don't starve or go homeless, I want them to be able to earn a living wage so they can provide for their kids, I want their kids to have good education, and I would like people of all races/genders/sexuality to not have to fear hate" somehow isn't emotionally appealing enough.

What happened with "hope & change"? People want the status quo changed, but Democrats haven't done shit to show they'll follow through.

Hell you guys are fucking saying you explicitly want politicians that just spout whatever bullshit you want to hear to you and are mad that the Democrats don't do that, while you fucking criticize the Republicans for doing that. But damnit you have to respect the Republicans, they'll say they aren't going to fuck you over but then gloat that they're fucking you over, so they're half honest, right? Its like you can't make up your mind. You guys want Schroedinger's Donkey, where it'll slap you in the face with its donkey dick but you hate when the elephant does it, so according to you the donkey is alive and dead, but you refuse to find out because it won't open the damn box for you to look at, so you'll just sit there stewing in your ignorance while Republicans jam an elephant dick up your asses.

Obama lied about "hope & change". But so what? I don't want pols who will say we can't change Washington. We have enough Tim Kaines and Chris Coons.

If they resort to ignoring the rule of law, how the fuck does that make things any better? I keep seeing some people spout this "the Democrats aren't doing enough! I don't even know what their "platform" is, I don't know what they care about" which sounds like its your fucking problem. I've said it multiple times already, look at what these parties do in office. That's the only fucking thing that actually matters, not what they say, what they fucking do. And then we get people like Hayabusa Rider saying he can't support Democrats because he doesn't know. He's bitching that they don't show initiative because he can't be fucking bothered to have any of his own. Its fucking ridiculous hypocrisy.

For all the norms and shit they break, Democrats need to come back and break their backs! As for "how the fuck does that make things any better", doing a shakeup like adding to the SC could actually help restore the rule of law, and contrary to what the media or the Democrats tell you, it's a possible way to correct the illegitimate 2016 election. Right now the Democrats are scared shitless to say much about this admin because they believe it'll mimic the attempt to impeach Clinton.

Or, I don't know, hey, how about you guys go fucking learn about it? Seriously, its like you haven't even fucking bothered to look at their fucking website.
https://www.democrats.org/
I bet they didn't break it down point by point with a quick synopsis of their point of view. Well fuck me, they did...
https://www.democrats.org/party-platform?source=homepage

Goddamn that was difficult. Gee I can't figure out what Democrats' platform is. The internet? Nah, that's just for russian trolling and ignorant dickhead posting on forums, why would I possibly use that to educate myself on what Democrat's platform is? Instead I'll bitch endlessly that they're not tattooing it on their dicks while they slap me in the face with it. But jokes on them, I'll just bitch any which way because I'd rather be a dumbfuck than actually take any time to support my point or know what the fuck I'm talking about. But damnit why won't everyone else fix all these problems. Not me, no of course not, someone else. Democrats, why aren't you stopping the Republicans?!? Well fuck you then Democrats, give us the Republicans. Waaaah the Republicans are fucking everything up!

Something happened along the way where people lost hope for change. Democrats need to appear more sincere to correct it.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Have the hearing playing in the background while I'm studying.

This Leahy guy killed it even though he seems like he's about to die. This is some banana republic level bullshit from the GOP pushing him through while withholding 90% of the documents.
Yea, Leahy seems to be about done. I like Leahy, but god the Dems need some young blood.

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016
Yea, Leahy seems to be about done. I like Leahy, but god the Dems need some young blood.

Age limits should be a thing. While some of the older ones certainly still have their wits about them like Leahy, there are two for every one of those going senile. Listening to Grassley caused me physical pain, I had to mute the sound.