What are the specifics with Staples and the used ink cartridge $3 deal?

MX2

Lifer
Apr 11, 2004
Say you want something that is $30. Can you bring in 10 empties and only pay the tax?

n0tdan

Aug 29, 2005
The policy is 1 coupon per transaction. I don't know if it's programmed into the computer to only accept one at a time, but in the last thread that mentioned the $3 ink coupons there were a couple replies that said they were able to use multiple coupons. So you may be able to con a new cashier into accepting multiple coupons :p Otherwise, it's only 1 coupon per transaction.

Edit:

You can bring in 10 at once if you like, you just can't use them all on one purchase. Also, you don't have to give it to the cashier at the time you are purchasing items. If you want you can get your coupon(s) then do your shopping.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Were you the person who was going to buy a thousand empty ink cartridges and then sell the coupons on e-bay for profit? Or was that someone else? The conclusion was that you'll lose money on something like that.

If you find the right employee, one that doesn't know any better but refuses to ask the manager for help, then you may get lucky and be able to cash in several coupons on something small. If you show up and try to buy a printer there's no doubt in my mind that you'll be denied unless you're really lucky.

MX2

Lifer
Apr 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Eeezee
Were you the person who was going to buy a thousand empty ink cartridges and then sell the coupons on e-bay for profit? Or was that someone else?

No, that wasnt me.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
wait, i'm confused...you can only trade in 1 ink cartridge at a time or you can only use 1 coupon after trading in several coupons at a time?

i hope its the latter because that would make more sense.