What are the opinions of the programmers about the future of the programming?

Quantum Robin

Jan 3, 2019
Please all, answer the following question, this subject is fun:

Maybe the future of the programming is the human-language-level programming.

What are the opinions of the programmers about the future of the programming?
icon_wink.gif

Reactions: Jamesscottfl

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
No one can really predict the future. But if I had to guess, Both C and C++ will be around yet for a long time to come.

Reactions: Quantum Robin

owensdj

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2000
Nothing is going to change that much for the foreseeable future. We won't have human language programming until we have AI so advanced that almost all jobs would be replaced by it.

Here are some of my predictions for the next 5-10 years. Javascript will continue to increase in popularity. There will be a move to unify web, desktop, and mobile development into a single platform, maybe it'll be Progressive Web Apps?

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
Nothing is going to change that much for the foreseeable future. We won't have human language programming until we have AI so advanced that almost all jobs would be replaced by it.

Here are some of my predictions for the next 5-10 years. Javascript will continue to increase in popularity. There will be a move to unify web, desktop, and mobile development into a single platform, maybe it'll be Progressive Web Apps?

JS on the backend may or may not take off. It really depends on how important performance is. JS is fast, but single threaded. It is ideal for a docker image, but not so much for anything compute or memory heavy (For example, javascript sucks at things like multithreading).

However, what might be interesting is the advent of WASM. In that case, you'd build apps that target WASM to get platform independent code with multithreading. In that case, the JS engines might ship everywhere but only in as much as they are WASM carriers.

For GUI applications, I'd say Javascript has completely won. If you aren't developing a game, you'd be a fool not to use Javascript for any sort of GUI work. Either an electron app or webpage is will have WAY better tooling and functionality over whatever your language of choice might ship.

As far as programming language trends go. I don't see much change TBH. I think the line between functional and procedural language will continue to blur as time goes on. Other than that, I don't see major paradigm shifts in our future.