What are the FAA specifications for a rooftop helipad?

blahblah99

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2000
I'd like to know too.. I'm getting a helipad on my third floor mansion in my estate in a year or two.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: FleshLight
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
Why the fvck would you ask that here?

I don't know, I remember seeing a scammer here that flew helicopters for a living.

Oh.. That makes sense.
:roll:

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: FleshLight
Why the fvck would you ask that here?
I don't know, I remember seeing a scammer here that flew helicopters for a living.
Oh.. That makes sense.
:roll:
It a trap to catch unsuspecting scammers who fly helicopters... duh.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I figure it's a local/state building code issue not FAA related even... of course you'd need to beef up trusses and load bearing walls where helipad is.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
It varies by the blade diameter and rotary load rating of the helicopter. In addition the immediate surrounding area (size dependent upon heli type as well) has to be properly established to handle side vectored currents from the downdraft as well.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Specop 007
It varies by the blade diameter and rotary load rating of the helicopter. In addition the immediate surrounding area (size dependent upon heli type as well) has to be properly established to handle side vectored currents from the downdraft as well.

Are you a scammer that flies helicopters for a living by any chance?

FleshLight

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2004

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: aplefka
Originally posted by: Specop 007

Are you a scammer that flies helicopters for a living by any chance?

No but he stayed ay a Holiday Inn Express last night