What are the cool new cell phones out there?

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
I think I might want to stick with Motorola since they seem to be the only manufacturer that has their phone book stored as I like it. you enter the name, then can enter 4 numbers associated with that name (house, cell, work, etc...)

So much better than typing "Eileen House, Eileen Work, Eileen Cell"

Kevin

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Spooner
I think I might want to stick with Motorola since they seem to be the only manufacturer that has their phone book stored as I like it. you enter the name, then can enter 4 numbers associated with that name (house, cell, work, etc...)

You can say that again...

xospec1alk

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
the sprint touchpoint which i've had for 4 years now allows up to 6 numbers per phone book entry....probably even more than 6 actually....

ChefJoe

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
I'm drooling over a Sprint PCS Samsung A460 at the moment. Really itching to get it and a cell phone plan.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Ericson T68 or SonyEricson T68i

Great battery life. 256 colour screen. bluetooth, gprs, mms, stores lots of sms on the phone.

You can assign multiple numbers to one name and have an email address.

And all other usual phone features.

McPhreak

Diamond Member
Jul 28, 2000
I like the Motorola v70 (is actually smaller than it looks) and the Ericsson t68

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
I think I want to keep my plan with Sprint, so I need a phone compatible with their networks.

BigJohnKC

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2001

My Samsung Uproar (Sprint PCS) lists numbers that way, but you can put six numbers for each entry (home, work, mobile, pager, fax, no label). Plus it's an mp3 player... :D

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
I think I want to keep my plan with Sprint, so I need a phone compatible with their networks.

Well, all the new phones coming out for Sprint are gonna be a little pricey. And you can forget about motorola. I love my moto as well but I don't see any plans for any CDMA2000 phones from them in the near future. Sanyo is gonna be your best bet for Sprint IMHO.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Ive seen a sweet Panasonic over here in Europe that has a 5 color backlight for the LCD. Gonna try and find the model number.

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001

Er.. most phones already have this ability liek Samsung, LG, Sanyo, etc... you must have been using Nokia phones all your life.

Prtty much any Sanyo, Samsung, or LG phone for Spritn are very nice...

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
I got myself a Samsung A460 with Sprint service recently. I love this phone, great features, great look, pretty much a perfect phone to me. I just gotta get insurance, 'cause I'm really afraid of losing it :)

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000

Huh? I've had several phones, none a Motorola, and they've all done this. I thought they all did that these days. Hmmmn.

I even have a Nokia 6360 that operates like this.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
I also suggest the Sony/Ericsson T68(i) and Motorola V70.........I can't decide which one I want yet, since they're both GSM, but one has the color screen, and the other is just so damn cool. :)

sk560

Jan 5, 2001
i suggest ericsson t68 (i or m... i think "i" is the latest model).

att is offering it for ~$130 w/ one yr contract.

check it out in the hot deals... voicestram has a $200 rebate from amazon occasionally.

jlee75

Golden Member
Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by: aphexII
Ive seen a sweet Panasonic over here in Europe that has a 5 color backlight for the LCD. Gonna try and find the model number.

That i believe is the Panasonic Versio offered through AT&T at this time. I'm planning on getting the T68i w/ AT&T. They're rolling out their GSM service now.