What are the chances of this

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
So today i decide to get some chinese takeout a si have not had any in like 6 months, and it was a feast

anyway i open the fortune cookie te get my fortune and low and behold its one i have gotten before and that I saved because it was cool

now what are the chances of getting the SAME exact fortune in 2 diff cookies 3 years apart in 2 totally different states - some one get woring on that

The Black texted one is the old one, red is new
http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/TheEvil1/DSC_5017.JPG

the lucky numbers are different but i amd definitly the master

:D

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
I'm pretty sure they recycle the fortunes otherwise they'd run out of ones to give, so the chances should be pretty good if you eat fortune cookies often.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
What are the chances of managing to save a fortune cookie fortune for over three years? :p

The J

Aug 30, 2004
Yeah, I've never seen a fortune cookie with smilies before.

My friend got one that says "Help! I'm trapped in a Chinese bakery!" I thought that was pretty funny.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: The J

My friend got one that says "Help! I'm trapped in a Chinese bakery!" I thought that was pretty funny.

WTF i thought that was just a joke

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004

That's hilarious. I've never seen any funny ones, just cheap Confucious saying ripoffs.

mitmot

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2005

lol :laugh:

xSkyDrAx

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003

:laugh: pwn3d

thelanx

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2000
When I was installing red hat a few years ago, I remember seeings a slide that had a fortune that said "Help! I'm trapped in here and they force me to write fortunes for pizza."

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
Originally posted by: mribnik1
eh, I've gotten the "you will get some new clothes" fortune about 3 times.

That's the most worthless fortune ever. Everyone gets new clothes sometime unless they're a bum or a cheapskate.

Noirish

Diamond Member
May 2, 2000
it's easy.

if they both have lottery numbers and they match, then you should go buy it. ;)

DAGTA

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Anubis
now what are the chances of getting the SAME exact fortune in 2 diff cookies 3 years apart in 2 totally different states - some one get woring on that
Decent, actually. There is one woman that writes most of the fortunes sold in the fortune cookies in the USA. The company she works for is the main supplier to all areas. Saw something about it on TV a while back.

I get those with smilies, too.