What are some US created puppet governments around the world?

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Were the cuban and irani governments put in place by us? I remember that the afghani (taliban) and the iraqi (saddam) were put in place by us werent they?

Any others?

Particulary ones that have come around to bite us in the ass later on.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
I don't think that the US set up the Taliban. I thought the Pakistanis helped them to have a stable government on their borders? I'm not sure if the US set up Saddam either. Maybe aided somewhat, but most major powers would have their tentacles in many affairs :)

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Canada. But they revolted. We felt so bad for them they could only muster up 4 guys with muzzle loaders and a cannon pulled by a horse that we just gave Canada to them.

DieHardware

Golden Member
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Shockwave
Canada. But they revolted. We felt so bad for them they could only muster up 4 guys with muzzle loaders and a cannon pulled by a horse that we just gave Canada to them.

Yes we're gonna send more mad cow and female singers soon. ;)

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
hmm.. for some reason i remember that the reason saddam was in power was because of the US. Are there any other governments (or leaders) that have been mostly made or appointed by the US (or UN) that have backfired besides Cuba?

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: DieHardware
Originally posted by: Shockwave

Yes we're gonna send more mad cow and female singers soon. ;)

HAHA! Good one :beer: