What are some therapies, drugs, techniques to increase concentration at work?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
I have a fairly demanding job and sometimes it's hard to concentrate with so many things happening at once. I dunno, maybe i have adult ADD or something. I need something to help me out.

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Coming from a guy with your name.. Try caffeine, red bull, maybe some medication if you are already drinking caffeine in the morning. More sleep, a nice breakfast, these should help as well.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: effowe
Coming from a guy with your name.. Try caffeine, red bull, maybe some medication if you are already drinking caffeine in the morning. More sleep, a nice breakfast, these should help as well.

Yes it's an irony i know >_<

I don't drink enough coffee maybe... but i hate the jitters that comes with it.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Just use some good ole crack. Great pick me up.

yep, have a problem there HAS to be a drug for it. :roll:

NanoStuff

Banned
Mar 23, 2006
Try modafinil, or if you have too much cash lying around, armodafinil. Perhaps there are now illegal generics of the latter that can be purchased online for a reasonable price, but as far as I remember the differences are only in efficacy, so just double dose on modafinil for the equivalent effect.

I'd suggest you hold off on methylphenidate and amphetamine until you've exhausted more modest alternatives, particularly if this is just standard fatigue rather than a neurological disorder.

More caffeine as some suggested is markedly stupid idea.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Ritalin ftw. I have always had add problems and have an extremely demanding (attention-wise) and often intense job, and its very helpful. Talk to your doctor about it.

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
1. Open up C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS in Notepad.
2. Add the line:

127.0.0.1 forums.anandtech.com