What are some of your favorite movie quotes dubbed for tv?

FFactory0x

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2001
Whats your favorite line from a movie that was edited and dubbed for TV???

One of my favorites is from Happy Gilmore where Happy says

"The price is wrong bitch"

They dub it horribly into

"The price is wrong BOBBY!!" HAHAHA

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
Pfft. There is only ONE Great Dub, and that is from Die Hard on the Superstation.

Willis: Yippie-ky-yay, melonfarmer.

:frown:

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
I loved when they showed Mallrats on network, they cut out the entire opening story (uncle with the cat up his ass). They even edited the rug store's sign (rug munchers) to something else. There were sooo many ridiculous edit/dubs too, can't remember any off the top of my head though.

FFactory0x

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2001
Originally posted by: LordMaul
Pfft. There is only ONE Great Dub, and that is from Die Hard on the Superstation.

AWWWWW. HAHAHAHAHA. That is the greatest one. I was sitting here trying to think of that one as its the greatest.

Dont they dub something funny at the end of Die Hard 2 as well

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: FFactory0x

AWWWWW. HAHAHAHAHA. That is the greatest one. I was sitting here trying to think of that one as its the greatest.

yippie-kye-ay, mister falcon

mallrats is hilarious also. in fact it was rumored that they were going to put the edited version on the special edition dvd because it was so terrible but yet funny at the same time.

FFactory0x

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2001
Originally posted by: anxi80
Originally posted by: FFactory0x

yippie-kye-ay, mister falcon

mallrats is hilarious also. in fact it was rumored that they were going to put the edited version on the special edition dvd because it was so terrible but yet funny at the same time.

MISTER FALCON!!! THATS RIGHT!! HAHAHAHA

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: anxi80
I would definitely buy that! :D I already own the regular DVD too.

I Saw OJ

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Its a sence from Tommy Boy where chris farely is sleeping and david spade comes knocking on the door.

He knocks on the door abunch of times pretending to be the maid just to bother chris and goes something like this.

David: *knock knock*House keeping, you want mint for pillow?
Chris: No thank you, sleeping
David: *knock knock* House keeping, you want me jerk you off?
Chris: *gets up and go to the door* What kind of hotel is this.

In the tv version is goes like this

David: *knock knock*House keeping, you want mint for pillow?
Chris: No thank you, sleeping
David: *knock knock* House keeping, you want french kiss?
Chris: *gets up and go to the door* What kind of hotel is this.

I just thought that edit was so corny, makes me laugh everytime.

Al Neri

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2002
The ultimate dubbed quote!

real line:
Iceman: You can be my wingman any time.
Maverick: Bullshit! ...

dubbed line
Iceman: You can be my wingman any time.
Maverick: (dub taken from a previous dogfight, I'm not sure who says it) WHAT!!!??? ::asyou hear the control panels of the fighter plane beeping and the dogfight sounds whirling around::

makes me lol all the time

WhiteKnight

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
I can't remember what movie it is, but William H. Macy says something like, "You come into my mother f'ing house!?" and on TV it's "You come into my freshly cleaned house!?"

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Originally posted by: chuckywang
Man, someone should compile these on a website.
... in form of the actual clips, video montage style.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Smokey & The Bandit

Original Buford T Justice line: "Som bitch"

Altered Buford T Justice line: "Scum bum"

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
For me I have to say pretty much the entire movie Smoky and the Bandit. That is one of the first movies I remember seeing as a child (was 6) my father took me to go see that sticks in my head because it was the first time I ever heard so many bad words in a movie. I dont remember much of my childhood and I dont remember, when that movie first came out in 1977, Sheriff Buford T. Justice saying anything other then a cuss word every other word. Now on tv and on dvd its been all editied out and rated PG.
If anyone can link me to where you can get the dvd of that movie BEFORE the edited it out like it is today PLEASE LMK where!

coaster831

Feb 9, 2006
Scarface also:

Original: "You don't get a scar like that by eating p*ssy"
Edited: "You don't get a scar like that by eating pineapple."

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
I always liked the "Holy Jesus" line from the Back to the Future trilogy. Of course Marty is supposed to say Holy Sh1t but ya gotta love that silly dub job.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Back to the Future:

"Geez louise doc, you disintegrated Einstein!"

Laugh my ass off every time.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
OH heres one maybe no one cought that wasnt edited for TV but is on the movie. Galaxy Quest with Tim Allen. When him and Wever make it to the chomper watch her mouth. I dont remember what she says ATM but she definitly lips Fvck This.

Also a great movie I thought. Love to watch it every now and then with the kids.

mikej007

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004
The best is from Major League, when Charlie Sheen thinks he is cut, and he says to his manager "Every time I pitch against you I'm going to stick it up... your F***ing ass!!" This gets magically changed to "I'm going to stick it to you!". Never mind that the original had about 4 syllables more... Then Charlie runs out into the locker room and starts a fight with Corbin Bernsen, and there's about 7-8 f-bombs that are redubbed hilariously.

Also, there's a part where Charlie beans one too many players and the umpire throws him out of the game. There's a lot of cursing between Charlie, the guy who got hit, teammates, etc. Charlie curses at the ump, and the ump says "get out of here rookie". Charlie goes "why don't you blow me ump?" This gets changed to "why don't you show me?".

AWESOME!!! I highly recommend finding Major League censored on cable, the censoring is almost as entertaining as the movie itself.

Pacemaker

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2001
My favorite was in Tremors.

"You broke into the wrong gol darn rec room you big jerk"

They made him sound like a complete hick and a complete child in one sentence.