What are some good RPG multiplayer games?

Brian 321

May 30, 2013
So I am getting into PC game and im wondering what are some good RPG games that are multiplayer. Im not really looking for an MMO as I have tried a few and cant seem to get into them(maybe I haven't played them long enough). I am tired of games like call of duty and FPS shooters in general.

So what are some good multiplayer RPG games the I can play with other people either co-op or ???.

Thanks.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Torchlight 2 is the only "modern" non-MMO multiplayer game I can think of off the top of my head (along with Diablo 3, but you specified good)

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The only things that arent MMO's are hack'n'slash which are more like MMO's than anything else.

Good RPG's are always single player. Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Gothic, M&M, KOTOR, Mass Effect.

Well, theres Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale and such. But you'd need copies for everyone.
I recommend www.GOG.com for cheap.

Aug 11, 2008
The only things that arent MMO's are hack'n'slash which are more like MMO's than anything else.

Good RPG's are always single player. Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Gothic, M&M, KOTOR, Mass Effect.

Well, theres Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale and such. But you'd need copies for everyone.
I recommend www.GOG.com for cheap.

Yea, multiplayer RPG is pretty much a contradiction in terms, unless you mean MMOs. Neverwinter Nights supposed had some very good online play and custom maps. The Neverwinter Nights games are somewhat newer than Baldur's gate and Icewind Dale, so will have considerably more up to date (relatively) graphics.

You could try something like the new Neverwinter on line or Elder Scrolls on line, but personally I am not interested in playing an RPG online.

Edit: It is more of a shooter with RPG elements, but Borderlands 1 and 2 are a lot of fun online.

syd2oo2

Jun 1, 2013
Since you're coming from FPS, than Borderlands games are probably for you. Especially if played with people you know.