What are some good names that go with Mae/May? ex. Hallie May, Ellie May, Allie Mae

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Joking aside, I would seriously think about the ramifications of the names you give your children. You might get a kick out of it and it sure would please grandma, but how will your children be treated?

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Imelda May. If the shoes fit . . . (see Marcos)

It's much more tasteful than naming her Enola Gay May, even if she does turn out to be the bomb ! :shocked:

Plus, assuming your nic is your last name and not some reference to a cathedral or a hard disk, whenever she's asked her name, she can reply, I. M. Winchester.

Then, when the asker replies, "You are? (U.R.)" she can truthfully answer, "No, I. M."

THAT oughta confuse 'em! :p

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2005
That's gonna be tough to find a fitting name that doesn't sound like a financing institution. I'd abandon the concept altogether.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Winchester
Enola May... I cant wait to see the reaction to that one.
Like I said, she'll be the bomb!!! :p

Winchester

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
Originally posted by: giantpinkbunnyhead
That's gonna be tough to find a fitting name that doesn't sound like a financing institution. I'd abandon the concept altogether.

Not a chance.

Mae Belle :)

dawnbug

Golden Member
Oct 29, 2002
Originally posted by: anxi80
maggie may, just like the rod stewart song.

That's what I was thinking. I've got a friend named Maggie (not Margaret or anything-- her full first name is Maggie) whose middle name is May.

Richard in Idaho

Oct 8, 2006
I wanted to use my first name as my son's middle name. Before he was born I got a book of names then just read each name along with my name untill one sounded right. Stoped ar Brian Richard. Why not try the same thing.