What Are Iran’s Intentions?/ Noam Chomsky

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008

You forgot to add your commentary for your link. Let me do it for you.

Chomsky says: The United States is evil, Israel is evil. The United Nations is good, the U.N. charter is good, Iran is good. We should sanction the evil Israel, we should all hate the evil United States, we should all send money to the United Nations. Thank you.

A bit simplified, but I hit all the major points. Next time include your commentary in your threads.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

Chomsky says: The United States is evil, Israel is evil. The United Nations is good, the U.N. charter is good, Iran is good. We should sanction the evil Israel, we should all hate the evil United States, we should all send money to the United Nations. Thank you.

A bit simplified, but I hit all the major points. Next time include your commentary in your threads.

Really?

Did you have your dog read it to you or something?

Gintaras

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000

No wonder.
No different from, if you were a german in 1930's?
"MY RADIO TALKS TO ME?"
Most of population on the Earth are wrong while we're good? Isn't it so?

we should all send money to the United Nations. Thank you.

What money are you talking about?
Counterfeit US $ Federal Reserve can't stop printing? No much different from Zimbabwe dollars.
Economy is a 2 way street. You might be running without underwear tomorrow if Oil producing countries would switch from $ to any other currency in oil transactions.

When it was last time you've seen an underwear: "made in U.S.A."?

You even are an enemy to yourself - by typing your crap using computer that's made in China - No human rights...etc...

IF WE ARE SO GOOD, WHY OTHERS DON'T LIKE US?

OUR DEMOCRACY OR OUR DEMOCRACY???

Isn't it so? Should rest of The World take it?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Chomsky hasn't thought through consequences. He merely rehashes old arguments. While I accept that for the moment the primary goal would be defensive, as in thwarting invasion, it's hard to imagine anyone mounting a land assault. That leaves me wondering what they might do which requires protection. The part about nuclear weapons being defensive does not mean either passive or local. All nations which have developed nuclear weapons follow up with a delivery system to expand their sphere of influence and retaliatory capability. That makes perfect sense because it's better to use such devastating weapons on your opponents land.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Noam Chomsky does a good job summing it up as usual. I can't believe so many people are stupid enough to fall for the lies manufactured by the American state.

Gintaras

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
I didn't know that I do need to add a comment.

Everyone can get "NEWS" from reading a newspaper or watching a TV.

"News" are no different from any other job in the World - someone does his/her job while getting paid and does - what his/her boss has ordered him/her to do.

Today, in The World are 4 major News Corporations that deliver "news" to the masses the way they - News Corp.s want to.

Noam Chomsky? He's not being paid from major News Corp.s and does not deliver "news" to the masses.
I'd rather would say, Noam Chomsky does ANALYSIS of the news without taking sides.

And, Noam Chomsky, prolly, most intellectual human living on the Planet today.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Chomsky hasn't thought through consequences. He merely rehashes old arguments. While I accept that for the moment the primary goal would be defensive, as in thwarting invasion, it's hard to imagine anyone mounting a land assault. That leaves me wondering what they might do which requires protection. The part about nuclear weapons being defensive does not mean either passive or local. All nations which have developed nuclear weapons follow up with a delivery system to expand their sphere of influence and retaliatory capability. That makes perfect sense because it's better to use such devastating weapons on your opponents land.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my opinion, Vintage Haybausa self delusions of grander, as Haybasusa asserts without offering an iota of proof that only he has thought of all consequences and Chomsky has not.

It still boils down to the UN doctrine that any nation has the right to exploit nuclear energy for peace time electrical generation of nuclear power.

As I can only say, Haybabsusa, you are not my guru as I find your analysis shallow, biased, and superficial. You certainly have a right to your opinions, on this forum, but, self declaring your self always right in advance lacks any impressive logic.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok Gintaras, color me totally confused, I can maybe understand you are not a happy camper about the comments of Norm Chomsky, but it seems to me you have no right to to drag a moderator like Fern into your opinions?

Could you please explain this anomaly?

Fern left that message for him, probably trying to warn him to include a comment in his original post as the forum rules instruct a poster to do.

YGPM = you got private message

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my opinion, Vintage Haybausa self delusions of grander, as Haybasusa asserts without offering an iota of proof that only he has thought of all consequences and Chomsky has not.

It still boils down to the UN doctrine that any nation has the right to exploit nuclear energy for peace time electrical generation of nuclear power.

As I can only say, Haybabsusa, you are not my guru as I find your analysis shallow, biased, and superficial. You certainly have a right to your opinions, on this forum, but, self declaring your self always right in advance lacks any impressive logic.

You are not my pupil. They have a far better track record than yourself.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
You are not my pupil. They have a far better track record than yourself.

LL has aptly demonstrated no viable track record in this regard.

Statements are made by him but when called on it, he can not back them up.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Obviously, you didn't actually read the piece, but rather made attributions based on what you believe in the first place...

What Chomsky offers is that while Iran's intentions remain unclear, they're obviously not "Get nukes! Annihilate Israel!" which is what many of our resident hystericals would want us to believe... and to take action based upon such fear mongering.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
If we were in Iran's position, completely surrounded by a foreign country's bases, A country which has invaded Iran's next door neighbor, wouldn't you want a possible deterrent? When was the last time Iran invaded another country?

All politicians are saying we can't let Iran get a nuke. Fine, how will we know for sure unless they (Iran) test one? Until that time, we can, in no way be sure they are persuing nukes. To attack with no proof, is just another Iraq, something we don't need and can't afford.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
LL has aptly demonstrated no viable track record in this regard.

Statements are made by him but when called on it, he can not back them up.

Analysis is a difficult art which must be approached dispassionately. Consequently it's not done well by many.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Noam Chomsky does a good job summing it up as usual. I can't believe so many people are stupid enough to fall for the lies manufactured by the American state.
Thats exactly what I thought about you when I read your statement!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Actually if we go by that statement of your alone. Hayabusa Rider is not only your Guru but your Master!!! That is based on your analysis which is flawed as usual!!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I'm pretty sure that a lot more people than Bin Laden would agree with that statement. It's kinda like saying that the sky is blue...

If you say so. I'm sure you were happy to agree with Osama Bin Laden on some of his other opinions also. It's who you are.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I didn't know that I do need to add a comment.

Everyone can get "NEWS" from reading a newspaper or watching a TV.

"News" are no different from any other job in the World - someone does his/her job while getting paid and does - what his/her boss has ordered him/her to do.

Today, in The World are 4 major News Corporations that deliver "news" to the masses the way they - News Corp.s want to.

Noam Chomsky? He's not being paid from major News Corp.s and does not deliver "news" to the masses.
I'd rather would say, Noam Chomsky does ANALYSIS of the news without taking sides.

And, Noam Chomsky, prolly, most intellectual human living on the Planet today.
Yep!! Even God needs to comment when opening a thread!! Especially about Norm Chumpsky!!!