What Arabs are saying ...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
Welcome to the reality Israel has been dealing with for the past 54 years....

Word to the wise ALL Arab media is government controlled.... ALL Arab education is racist and bigotted against non-muslims... The one glaring exception is AL Jazeera which is run by people who've grown up with government controlled media, and brainwashing education. Look with new eyes at the coverage of every action Israel has taken in it's war, and suddenly you'll see the glaring similarities....

We can win this thing... but we're gonna have to be a little rougher, a littler tougher, and grow some larger testicles.

-Max

ebloom

May 3, 2002
These Arabs should have done something about Hussein instead of leaving it to others to do the heavy lifting as usual. :disgust:

HappyGamer2

Banned
Jun 12, 2000
the middle east doesn't really care about getting Saddam out, except for Kuwait, why should they, it's to much risk, money and work and effort

Human rights? the middle east goverments don't care about that, most of them aren't much better

sure many of them don't like saddam but they don't care if he is in power, and some of them like him becuase he stood up to the evil USA

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: no0b
Originally posted by: HappyGamer2
true Democracy will not work in Iraq or many other middle eastern countries at this time, there not ready for it.

I remember hearing a counter to that on NPR

The exiled Iraqi found that rather offensive to think that just because you come from that country you can't have that sort of government since you are so "not ready" or basicly saying they are too @ss backwards.

He can find it as offensive as he wants but its the truth. The Arab world could be a major power but it isn't. Too much squabbling going on. Each country, each city, each village, has their own religion, leader, and agenda. There are multiple factions of Muslims and they don't like each other. Its been like this for thousands of years and the Americans aren't going to change anything. They will never unite and make peace with each other. They'll fight and fight and fight... Look at Iraq. Kurds, Sunni Muslims, Shi Muslims, and Christians. The country is going to split into 20 different parts.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: no0b
Originally posted by: HappyGamer2
true Democracy will not work in Iraq or many other middle eastern countries at this time, there not ready for it.

I remember hearing a counter to that on NPR

The exiled Iraqi found that rather offensive to think that just because you come from that country you can't have that sort of government since you are so "not ready" or basicly saying they are too @ss backwards.
Perhaps that is why they are in exile. ;)

And it isn't that they are "ass backward" - they aren't ready for democracy.

Saddam has united the arab world - at least in spirit (so far) - against us. Our propaganda only works here. :p

HappyGamer2

Banned
Jun 12, 2000
now the arabs are not all bad people, some them are good shits, and some them don't like what's going on in there part of the world, put there not the majority.
it's kinda sad in some ways becuase many of the common people have no future, there poor and always will be and they can't do anything about it. they are down and doomed in someways so they pray for the next life.
and for the most part the USA can't change this, well not in the near future or my life.
like I have said above I have lived and work with them, they have whole different meaning of life than we do

Bartman39

Elite Member | For Sale/Trade
Jul 4, 2000
If you simply take a look at history and notice every war we have been in we wind up pumping vast sums of money & economic support to the point were the new government in charge has the awesome chance to make something out of their country rather than basicly starve and scare their people to death like "So-Damn-Insane" (Saddam Hussein) has done for years now... What basicly happens with leaders like Saddam is they rise to power by being ruthless and self proclaiming and the Arabs of that area are very easy to convince that he is a sort of profit... (Messiah to them...) As concerned with life here in the US they (the common people of that region) just really dont understand it... The freedoms we have are almost beyond the what the common people of Iraq can understand... So what I`m saying is very few Arabs or any others from that area of the world just dont really understand what we are doing there to begin with and it is very difficult to get that message across to them...

After the end of this war they will have... (these and more...)

No dictator killing them for various reasons (almost anything...?)

Relief and aid (food and medical supplies out the wazooo...)

An economy boosted by a world power... (more world trade options than ever)

Possibly a sense of peace in their lives...?

Then I would like to hear what the Arabs have to say...?