What All in one printer uses the least expensive ink?

Discussion in 'Peripherals' started by imported_NOTORIOUS, Oct 13, 2007.

1. imported_NOTORIOUS

What All in one printer uses the least expensive ink?

It's got to be currently available for purchase.

Thanks in advance.

2. g8wayrebel

g8wayrebel Senior member

The cost of the ink isn't particularly relevant. It is the use that you want to look at.
    PC World just did a study of the reality of reporting of costs. One of the Cannon AIO"s came out on top , but don't recall specific model.I know it scored well , but it wasn't the MP 830.
    They did determine the cost per page reports of most all company's were within decent specs , so you can use that as a guide.
    Try going to the PC World or PC MAG web sites and doing search for printing costs.

3. Zepper

Zepper Elite Member

Probably Brother as they use separate passive ink tanks and clone tanks are available. The three digit models are the latest generation - don't bother with the earlier generations as they can be problematic. If you can find a Canon that uses the 3 and 6 series tanks (MP750, 760, 780) you'll have by far the lowest TCO using clone tanks. Sometimes an AIO new in box shows up on eBay.

.bh.

4. Puffnstuff

Puffnstuff Diamond Member

I recently replaced my hp 2210v all in one with a new epson cx9400fax that has different tanks instead of the combo tanks of old. Almost all new printers have separate color tanks which will keep your cost down. I got mine directly from epson for $149 with free shipping and no tax for FL residents. Very few of the more affordable models have a stand alone fax capacity so pay attention to the specs while you shop.

5. Modelworks

Modelworks Lifer

Using the brother AIO laser.
    If you don't need color, laser is the cheapest thing out there.
    And even color laser is cheap, but with a larger startup cost.

6. zerocool84

zerocool84 Lifer

my lexmark all in one has a combo with color and black for $30