Question What a time for fans to go out!

Shamrock

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
I have been having crashes recently, and looked at my Radeon driver software, and my Vega 56 fans have quit. I am gutted, because I cant afford the extortion. Anyone know or know of a place that sells fans? And would Nitro fans work?

For reference, this card has the quick disconnect fans.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
You can even remove the shroud and zip tie some regular fans to it. I've done that on several different cards before.
Just need to make sure you get an adapter for the mini fan connector...something like this:

Benefit of this is that you can use larger 120mm or 140mm fans, which are quieter and provide more airflow. This assumes you have enough space in your case and around the pci-e slot.

maddie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2010
You can even remove the shroud and zip tie some regular fans to it. I've done that on several different cards before.
Just need to make sure you get an adapter for the mini fan connector...something like this:

Benefit of this is that you can use larger 120mm or 140mm fans, which are quieter and provide more airflow. This assumes you have enough space in your case and around the pci-e slot.
We really are in a DIY solutions time.

Reactions: thilanliyan

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020

I have a Vega 56 that I pulled the shroud on, and then used a small screw in-between the fins to hold the fans up. If you get the screw size/thread correct, it holds quite well.

We really are in a DIY solutions time.
We all do what we need to do in the Apocalypse.

Who would have thought a Vega 56 would be a go to card in late 2021 back in 2017 when it was released?

The way things are going Shamrock is going to need to keep it running for another four years.

Last edited:

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Definately check ebay as well for spare fan parts. Also, you could order a replacement air cooler, AIO, or a water block for use in a custom loop if need be.

Shamrock

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
These fans are quick release (Like the Sapphire Nitro fans). I have checked ebay. I might try and buy the nitro fans, and put up with the blue LEDs.

I contacted Sapphire, and they told me to email tech@althonmicro.com and give them my part #, sku #, and Serial #.