whar r ur reviews on some of the latest movies?

ANEO

May 19, 2000
i'm interested in seeing some movies that r out in theaters, like me myself and irene, and shaft but want to know what u people think of them before i go

Shaft kind of sucked. Sam Jackson was funny and the drug lord stole the show. Other than that the movie was totally lame.

The Perfect Storm was really good. I recommend checking it out.

xero

May 1, 2000
me myself and irene is funny as hell...haven't seen shaft (looks stupid)

i suggest you go see Scary Movie......its funny as hell!

ANEO

May 19, 2000
i've seen scarymovie, and well u know what its like, weird is a good word it was nothing special to me, the perfect storm looked good in their adds i hope its as good

uncouth

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
"Gone in 60 Seconds" sucked. Nicholas Cage, although excellent in "Face/Off" did not do a very good job in his latest

uncouth

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
"Chicken Run" was excellent. This is definately a must see. Comedy at its best. Comperable to "There's Something about Mary" and better than "Scary". The Jim Carry style is different and is hard to compare against.

"The Patriot" has time and time again on this forum been bashed by yours truely because frankly this film was no good.

"MI:2" has one redeaming feature: the end. Aside from that fairly predicatable and tame. When did Cruise learn all the martial arts? Didn't see Ethan Hunt pulling those movies in the orginal/better Mission Impossible.

"Dinosaur" is exactly like "Land Before Time" with more realistic dinos.

"Gladiator" gets my thumbs up in the entertainment side although the movie only shows bloody ways to die rather than a decent story.

"Perfect Storm" looks o.k. still have to see this one and "X-Men"...

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
saw gladiator, it was good.

saw MI2, it was good.

saw me myself and irene, it was good. (no kids)

saw shaft, it was good.

saw titan AE, it was good.

saw xmen, it was good.

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
Man I feel like I've done nothing but watch movies.

"Gone in 60 Seconds" I liked it... nice fast action and all. Nicholas Cage wasn't bad... Angelina Jolie didn't do much though but I bet guys would love looking at her.
"Perfect Storm" Not my thing, nice special effects with the waves, Mark Wahlberg was pretty darn good in there. Makes people wanna cry at the end...
"XMen" I thought it was pretty good... I seriously thought it was going to be SO much worse. Anna Paquin is TOO young to play Rogue.
"Boys and Girls" Too typical teen movie with Freddie Prinze Jr, who is doomed to play nothing but teen movie roles.
"Scary Movie" Disturbing. Very disturbing with some of things I saw... I am not allowing my 13 year old sister to watch.
"Disney's The Kid" It is sooo cute. Downright adorable. I loved the idea of the movie and how everything happened the way it should of. Just cute!
"The Patriot" Nice movie, tear inducing at times (oh why did he have to die) kinda gory battle scenes though. I like the story and premise and the General guy was downright mean!

I can't wait til "loser" comes out. At least that'll be interesting. Overall I think this summer's movies have downright sucked. My fave movie so far has been The Patriot, and The Kid. And kinda XMen.

zedos

Jun 26, 2000
Dude... go see X-MEN it good. I had mixed feelings for it but after seeing it yesterday I am glad I saw it.
Gladiator and Patriot are good too.

SirFshAlot

Elite Member
Apr 11, 2000
<<&quot;Gladiator&quot; gets my thumbs up in the entertainment side although the movie only shows bloody ways to die rather than a decent story>>

what???

I can hardly wait to see the story of Chicken Run to see your benchmark.;)

Gladiator was great. Sure the plot was paper thin but you won't find a better action flick this Summer.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I saw the latest Flintstones movie with my neice and nephews a few days back, it was pretty good. A little weak in spots, but I think those who watched the Flintstones as kids might like it.

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Being John Malkovich is a fantastic movie that combines good humour with a good story. It's almost an adventure, with many supernatural elements being mixed with the normal reality we live with every day.

It tells the story of how a confused, and troubled puppeteer discovers a portal into John Malkovich's brain, allowing people to stay inside his head, and see what he sees, for 15 minutes at a time, after which they're dropped from the sky in a ditch outside the city. Soon though, they discover that people can do more than just see what he sees, they can control his emotions, actions and thoughts, and it soon goes too far.

Lots of good acting, combined with a very good sense of humour and a great story that makes you smile makes this movie a must-see!

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Saw all the movies mentioned above. By far, Perfect Storm was my favorite. They'll sell you the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge. :p

uncouth

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
SirFshAlot, did I say Chicken Run had a story?

I think the quote on quote &quot;story&quot; that Gladiator provides sucks because it is overused and was boring. Good action sequences but aside from thatI can not stand behind it.

SirFshAlot

Elite Member
Apr 11, 2000
I liked Being John Malkovich, too.

One I missed back when it came out and just saw over the weekend was Boogie Nights. I was pleasantly surprised at how well I liked this show. Not for the nudity, either. It had some great acting, and great character development.

hubbs

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2000
Scary Movie made hardly any sense but hey it was a knee slapper I tell ya:)

It is kinda nast in a certain part but I won't spoil the fun. I think you guys know what I'm talking about huh:)

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Scary Movie was funny as hell
Shaft was cool/funny
Me Myself and Irene was also funny as hell, with a touch of romance (but not much), the comedy is every bit as dirty as Scray Movie's :)