Whale Wars / Sea Shepherd on Animal Planet

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Im all for the environment and whatnot, but groups like greenpeace do more harm than good imo.

As for whaling, I have no issue with it as long as they're not hunting endangered species and doing it in a sustainable manner. Its no different than hunting deer in my mind if those two conditions are met. I dont know how people can denounce whaling while happily slaugthering millions of cattle for beef every year.
Whales are magnificent and graceful. Cows sh*t in pastures. I guess that's it. It's like the slaughter of seals, they are cute so it's bad. If they looked like pigs then we wouldn't care. :D

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
As I said in the other thread going, whale meat is on the decline in popularity according to reports. So its possible whaling might stop on its own. Time will tell of course.

The same with dolphin meat. The Japanese throw out much of what they catch, disguise it under other names, try to force school systems to feed it to children and incorporate it with other meats to disguise it. It's more about tradition than anything else now.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
The same with dolphin meat. The Japanese throw out much of what they catch, disguise it under other names, try to force school systems to feed it to children and incorporate it with other meats to disguise it. It's more about tradition than anything else now.

After seeing The Cove and the one guy who had mercury poisoning from eating the meat really made me think why would they still eat it. I mean for fucks sake.