Weze gettins more shooty!

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I cannot stress enough how skeptical I am of every 40K game ever made.

Universe with rich, deep lore and literally 40 millennia of history to draw from... lets churn out a bunch of reskinned garbage to the lowest bidder, that can't ever backfire on a brand!

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
No. Just no. They showed an Ork plane dodging a Necron monlith AND cutting another plane in half like they engineered some sort of flying tank. None of that is even close to how Orks operate in the 40K universe.

I thought we'd see at least another couple of 40K RTS games before they started branching out past ARPGs, but now we have a 40K Ork flight sim? As much as I love the 40K universe, I'm so tired of all these spin-offs that change the lore to fit whatever story they want to tell. Someone needs to start a proper GoFundMe to get the original Relic team back together and make Dawn of War 3 (and no, that atrocity of the same name doesn't qualify as a DoW game and yes I do tend to fangirl over the 40K universe).

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The graphics are nice.
Everything else sucks.
Controls are terrible. Action is boring. You are generally stuck in tiny canyons so it can be frustrating.
Sounds are weak. Music is lame. I didnt like it.

Theres a free demo on Steam.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
The graphics are nice.
Everything else sucks.
Controls are terrible. Action is boring. You are generally stuck in tiny canyons so it can be frustrating.

-Coulda saved yourself 30 minutes and just saw that it is a 40k licensed game to a no name game studio in a niche genre.

There is no plain of existence in all the multiverses where that was going to turn out good.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
The graphics are nice.
Everything else sucks.

Well that is tragic. I'll probably give it a shot anyway.
Just beat the SP campaign of dark crusade (eldar)

Maybe I should get back to painting my minis...I still have a good bit of space elves to finish and a whole set of space bugs to assemble AND paint

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Just beat the SP campaign of dark crusade (eldar)
This just tells me you still have Space Marines, Chaos, Ork, Tau, Necron (my favorite), and the Imperial Guard campaigns left to finish.

It's hard for me to play with Tau anymore since the vehicles are so broken. Even fan-patches that supposedly nerf the Drone Harbinger don't do enough since even one of those can clear entire camps by itself, even on hard difficulty.