Wet Paper after it's been printed on?

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this sort of thing.

My wife has a home business and one of the things she makes is custom labels/wrappers for candy bars, wine bottles, etc. She recently got an order to create labels for Water Bottles for a golf outing. We've never dealt with something that would probably be getting wet so we aren't sure what to expect.

We have a DeskJet Pritner at home and she has a Color Laser (Okidata something) at work. I would assume that ink jet paper that gets wet may smear and get nasty and that laser ink may as well but I'm just guessing.

Does anyone know for sure if there's any special paper that won't go to hell when it gets wet? And if laser toner will not smear compared with ink jet ink?

Just curious.

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Hmmmm....I'm just pulling this out of my ass, but would laminated paper work, if there's such a thing?

AFAIK, inkjet will smear like nobody's business, but toner should be OK, since it's essentially "baked" onto the paper when you print something.

Don't take my word for it, though...

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
She makes labels and wrappers for people, but doesn't have a printer to go to?

Most of the stuff we printed was for brochures and stuff, but we could print stuff on other media too. We did some labels for a sports drink company (gatorade type thing) and we printed on that plastic stuff they use on the 20 oune coke bottles. Ask your printer.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
We're looking at contracting with a printer but haven't gotten info back from al of them yet to make a decision. This Water Bottle order just kind of came up unexpectedly and took us by surprise so we're trying to make do with what we have handy.