WestWorld (Season 4)

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
They haven’t said it’s the final season yet. I’m sure if they think it’s worth the money they’ll do it.

HBO head of programming;
“Like with any show, we’ll see how it does. We haven’t talked to [Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy] about ideas for a season five but we’re only three episodes into season four and we’ll see how it goes. No decisions have been made.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
From what I hear the fans think season 1 is fantastic and it slowly gets worse.
I still havent bothered. Been let down by too many shows in my life. Walking Dead was a slog.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I still havent bothered. Been let down by too many shows in my life. Walking Dead was a slog.
s1 was fantastic.
s2 was slightly worse
s3 was a huge drop, as in off the rails wtf

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Honestly it's worth watching S1 and just stopping. There will be some unanswered questions, but S1 was just fantastic. S2 was meh, I haven't gotten around to watching S3 because it looked totally off the rails. I'll probably wait for the series finale and then binge everything after #2

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
I stopped watching after season 2. These writers think that by presenting a story in a ridiculously convoluted sequence of events it becomes smart or "deep", no it doesn't, just have the story play out in a linear fashion you bozo.

I also read they killed off man in black in season 3 which is dumb as fuck.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
I stopped watching after season 2. These writers think that by presenting a story in a ridiculously convoluted sequence of events it becomes smart or "deep", no it doesn't, just have the story play out in a linear fashion you bozo.

I also read they killed off man in black in season 3 which is dumb as fuck.

I enjoyed the first 2 seasons but didn't really feel the need to watch after that. Felt like they should have wrapped the show up there.

Last edited:

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Seasons 1-2 were some of the best TV I’ve ever watched.

Season 3 literally felt like a different show. I really wish they would have focused on the parks and just vaguely alluded to events occurring in the real world.

Season 4 is fine so far—feels like more of season 3, but maybe a bit better.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

Season 3 literally felt like a different show. I really wish they would have focused on the parks and just vaguely alluded to events occurring in the real world.

Yeah, Maeve (black lady) having powers in the real world is WTF BBQ?
Unless it's also a simulation?

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Yeah, Maeve (black lady) having powers in the real world is WTF BBQ?
Unless it's also a simulation?

She has power over other machines. She can communicate wirelessly and control them. I think Dolores can do the same.

She doesn’t have powers over organics though…I think.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
s1 was fantastic.
s2 was slightly worse
s3 was a huge drop, as in off the rails wtf

- S2 was a pretty big drop off in quality, IMO, but otherwise I agree.

S3 all felt like a... pilot season... for a brand new show. It felt so divorced from the groundwork laid in S1 and even S2, but it did set up the potential for some interesting storylines in S4. Hope they do them justice.

End of the day, I wish writers would just go balls deep and write a 5 season arc from the start, with various "failsafe" ending states for each season in the event the show doesn't get picked up again. So much more satisfying than the continuity nightmares these things become as each season is put together after the prior one concludes.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
S2 was a massive drop off in quality, so much so that I gave up on the show and didn’t bother with S3. And my standards for sci-fi that I’ll see through to the end are pretty low. If S4 turns out any better I’ll probably slog through them both

Reactions: Pohemi

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Finished binge watching it.

- Confusing as hell till the last episode.
- Even less nudity.
ie: Delores is taking a bath with her underwear on?! wTF?

- How did real William survive his throat being sliced by robot William in the end of Season 3?
- Looks like Season 5 will be the last (but they said the same thing at end of Season 3 about Season4)

- What's with Charlotte's obsession with Caleb?
Why of all the real people in the world did she try to bring Caleb back to life in the form of a Host? (250+ times)

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001

Season 3 was a massive disappointment because it left the park and turned it into a generic sci-fi action show. They missed the part that the park was the most interesting part of the whole story as it made people imagine and dream. It would have been one thing if the world outside the park was also a place of new and interesting ideas, but what we actually got was more of the same with some minor future tech sprinkled in. They also screwed up trying to revert Delores to a hero character, and I'm not going to get into the really overly complicated evil that Delores was trying to save people from.. also why doesn't a world that has this kind of tech not have the ability to backup or do basic DR?

Either way, tossing everything to have generic save the humanity was a massive waste of everything interesting in this show.. I loved the first season and enjoyed well enough the second (I thought they tried too hard to plot twist and be clever) as they pondered what is sentience and reality. Such a shame. At this point I'm watching because I'm this far in might as well see how it ends.

Finished binge watching it.

- Confusing as hell till the last episode.
- Even less nudity.
ie: Delores is taking a bath with her underwear on?! wTF?

- How did real William survive his throat being sliced by robot William in the end of Season 3?
- Looks like Season 5 will be the last (but they said the same thing at end of Season 3 about Season4)

- What's with Charlotte's obsession with Caleb?
Why of all the real people in the world did she try to bring Caleb back to life in the form of a Host? (250+ times)

The actress that played Delores didn't want to do nude scenes so underwear bathing is in.

William survived because they needed to be clever and have a plot twist.. that goes no where really. Much like all the possibly good ideas in this show.. They yada the how with "Future!"

I got the impression that Charlotte was trying to bring Caleb back was because she knew his daughter was running the resistance. I think he was going to use Caleb to 'betray' her, because at this point if the plan isn't broken why change it?? IDK.. One thing I noticed that bothered me thanks to Maeve's super duper unstoppable bad ass powers, the world never updated or upgraded tech really. They figured out how to control humans via flys (which makes S3 even more pointless and what did Delores save?) but other than that nada.. No updates to firewalls, or CVE Patching..

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Finally watched the last 2 seasons and I actually liked the entire series so far. Sure I can nitpick but overall it has been a great series with excellent acting and special effects and pretty good writing considering the limited source material.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
This was news back when it happened. I guess you didn't hear. 1st season was great. 2-4 were watchable, but half the time I didn't know where/when things were happening. Too much effort to enjoy.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Westworld should have stayed a 1 season mini-series and called it.

Season 2 felt like low rent season 1. Season 3 felt like it jumped the shark. Never even went back and watched Season 4.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
I kinda wanted them to do one more season of it just because the way the last one ended, but honestly it had become so bad and pointless I would have struggled to find interest in watching it.