Westinghouse 1080p 24" LCD LN2410NM - $399AR + tax

CKDragon

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2001
Originally posted by: pcnerd37
I would have considered it until I saw the contrast ratio.

For those that don't feel like doing the legwork: It has a 1000:1 contrast ratio, which is the same as the Dell 2407 that people seem to like.

imported_BS

Mar 8, 2005
Theres no way you can go by contrast ratios on these LCD's, They put pretty much what ever number on them that looks good.

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
based on the viewing angle specs, this is a PMVA panel.

i'd say this is an awesome deal for a monitor , especially one with this type of panel and all those inputs.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: hans007

i'd say this is an awesome deal for a monitor , especially one with this type of panel and all those inputs.

Recommendations on a reliable, cool, quiet video card with HDMI for a casual gamer?

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
Originally posted by: RossMAN

Recommendations on a reliable, cool, quiet video card with HDMI for a casual gamer?

there arent that many hdmi cards out there. i'd just buy a dvi to hdmi cable for $5 on monoprice.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

there arent that many hdmi cards out there. i'd just buy a dvi to hdmi cable for $5 on monoprice.

Even better, thanks :thumbsup:

GEOrifle

Oct 2, 2005

It doesn't has DVI port just VGA and HDMI.

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
Originally posted by: GEOrifle

It doesn't has DVI port just VGA and HDMI.

Most video cards have DVI, so with a DVI-HDMI adapter there's no need.

imported_BS

Mar 8, 2005
If your looking to pass sound through your computer to the monitor the ATI HD2xxx cards will do that for you through HDMI.

Odeen

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2000
If you insist on passing sound to the monitor speakers without using an HDMI card, most likely you'll just need a 1/8" male to 1/8" male cable. Order one at Monoprice at the same time as you get that DVI/HDMI cable. That cable could even be included in the box.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
So with a HDMI splitter, and a DVI -> HDMI cable. I can hook this up to my computer and a HD-DVD player without any problems? HDCP will still work, etc?

DestruyaUR

Jan 23, 2002
HDCP won't be an issue unless you're piping protected content over the wire. And if your DVI video card supports HDCP natively, it'll translate.

Fraggable

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2005
Originally posted by: Delta6Echo
Just to show you how good of a deal this is.

Compare to BB
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ol...oduct&id=1170290375980

Yeah, well BB is/has been/always will be a rip-off.

BB can suck my hairy [use your imagination].

However, interestingly, BB for Business has fallen all over themselves to take care of me when I've bought from them. Best vendor I've ever dealt with. They really have nothing to do with the BB stores.

This is a great deal, I would have gone for it if I wasn't still paying off my 1080P 37" Westy.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Fraggable
Originally posted by: Delta6Echo
Just to show you how good of a deal this is.

Compare to BB
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ol...oduct&id=1170290375980

Yeah, well BB is/has been/always will be a rip-off.

BB can suck my hairy [use your imagination].

However, interestingly, BB for Business has fallen all over themselves to take care of me when I've bought from them. Best vendor I've ever dealt with. They really have nothing to do with the BB stores.

This is a great deal, I would have gone for it if I wasn't still paying off my 1080P 37" Westy.

I went over to BB tonight to check out this monitor in person. A sales person came up to me and I told them what I was doing and that I had no intention of purchasing anything. They were still super nice and even hooked up the monitor to a computer so I could see the native resolution rather than the 1024x768 slideshow they had going across all the monitors.