Westboro Baptist Church to protest the Amish girls funerals

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

latino666

Golden Member
Sep 27, 2005
I say we take this church group and drop them in a country that does not have freedom of speech and see how long they last.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Horus
Originally posted by: AbAbber2k
I hope someone walks into the Westboro church, knocks off every last one of them, and not a single person shows up for their funerals.
Fvcking hatemongers deserve no better.

Actually, they do deserve to have people show up to the funerals. But only if those people are going to dance and piss on their graves.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advocating violence to combat idots in this situation is not acceptable, even in jest.

Anandtech Moderator

What? Are you kidding? These guys publically insult the deaths of innocent people, and advocating violence is NOT ACCEPTABLE? I'd say it's 100 percent acceptable!

How is this ANY DIFFERENT than the KKK, or White Supremacists...they're taking on YOUR ENTIRE NATION!

Teh funnay is mod cannot even spell idiot.

:beer: though...violence only works well to combat violence. So far these wackos have not crossed that line. I do feel there is a good case to block their freedom of speech on the count of possibility to encite a riot.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: NuclearNed
...and once again, Christians exhibit the love of Christ. I'll bet God is smiling.

not.

Phelps is neither Christian nor Baptist. Westboro isn't even really a church, people. It's a cult family that meets in the basement of Phelp's house, and make their living through stirring up controversy and staging daily protests.
Read up on Fred Phelps here at wiki. The guy is a real psycho piece of work.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Originally posted by: waggy
the Hell's Angels has been running interference on them. Hopefully they do on this one.

Best aprt about that is they contact the family to see if the family wants them to come. If not then they won't. These people make me in favor of a rule about protesting within 500ft (or more) of a funeral.

These people make me sick. I really hope they don't get air-time (it will only encourage them)

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Vic
...and once again, Christians exhibit the love of Christ. I'll bet God is smiling.

not.

Phelps is neither Christian nor Baptist. Westboro isn't even really a church, people. It's a cult family that meets in the basement of Phelp's house, and make their living through stirring up controversy and staging daily protests.

Yup, the best thing to do is not give them any media attention. I am betting a lot of it now has to do with this being their only means to make a living now.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
This is all a big misunderstanding. Someone just needs to explain to Phelps that everyone dies and that death is natural. It is not Judgement from "god";)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
the Hell's Angels has been running interference on them. Hopefully they do on this one.
No it's the Patriot Guard which "may" have some Hell's Angels as members along with other "1%er" Clubs. It also has members from other mainstream clubs like BACA (Bikers against Child Abuse) the Blue Knights (Cop Club) and many independent Bikers who don't belong to any other organiztion besides the Patriot Guard.

Maxspeed996

Dec 9, 2005
I live in Lafayette , Indiana , and this church sent a group of people to protest when one of our local soldiers was killed in Iraq. In our country the of course are allowed the right to protest , and they were even given a spot to protest and hold their signs. RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE CHURCH WHERE THEY WERE HOLDING HIS SERVICE.
Now I think that anyone with some common courtesy or any measure of decency would know that this is just not right.
The coolest thing that I've seen in a long time happened the same day. A group of local motorcycle riders , and a national biker group showed up at the same time , and stood between the protesters and the church , and stood holding flags to block them from the families view.
I'm not religious , but these people obviously need to re-read the bible and try to get something out of it.

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Vic

not.

Yeah, they only use the religious angle for effect. They're really just about media attention and lawsuits. Once you figure that out, everything they do makes (perverted) sense. The best thing to do is just ignore them.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Maxspeed996
The coolest thing that I've seen in a long time happened the same day. A group of local motorcycle riders , and a national biker group showed up at the same time , and stood between the protesters and the church , and stood holding flags to block them from the families view.

Its nice to see that there is still decency and kindness in the world

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Like Vic said, these people aren't Baptist and aren't a church. Just when you think you can't see anything more outragious, along comes this group of extremist wacko's and their garbage about how these little Amish girls brought it upon themselves :|

While I wouldn't expect the Amish to handle these people violently, I hope their neighbors will. I think if I lived over there I'd be willing to show up and throw a few punches even if I landed in jail.

Fern

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
i cant wait until it is revealed that in fact phelps is a closet homosexual...i mean it always seems to happen that these type of people are the biggest hypocrites...they in fact engage in the activities they so adamantly crusade against.

dont these people have jobs? how do they make a living if they protest funerals all the time?

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
"Phelps advocates patriarchal domination in marriage, enforced by violence, stating: "Brethren, they can lock us up, but we'll still do what the Bible tells us to do. Either our wives are going to obey, or we're going to beat them!"[2]"

-From the Wiki

That true? How the fvck did this guy get married in the first place? Second, I realize that I don't have the Bible memorized verbatim, but could someone show me where in the Bible is tells the husband to beat his wife?

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Bateluer
"Phelps advocates patriarchal domination in marriage, enforced by violence, stating: "Brethren, they can lock us up, but we'll still do what the Bible tells us to do. Either our wives are going to obey, or we're going to beat them!"[2]"

-From the Wiki

That true? How the fvck did this guy get married in the first place? Second, I realize that I don't have the Bible memorized verbatim, but could someone show me where in the Bible is tells the husband to beat his wife?

Phelps' beliefs have little to do with the Bible or God.

lightpants

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2001
They have canceled the protest

pdf

In consideration for having WBC's representative on the Mike Gallagher Show from 10 to 11 a.m., Thursday, October 5, WBC has cancelled the Amish school girl picket.

Mike Gallagher should just hang up as soon as they call in. No protest and none of their rhetoric would be a great thing.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Bateluer
could someone show me where in the Bible is tells the husband to beat his wife?

You can't be serious? :roll:

Answer: It's not in the bible.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
That pastor is an inconsiderate c0cksucker and the rest of his congregation are complete wackos!!! :|

Evil bastards. If there's a hell, I hope they rot in it for all eternity. They certainly deserve it.

Maxspeed996

Dec 9, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
No it's the Patriot Guard which "may" have some Hell's Angels as members along with other "1%er" Clubs. It also has members from other mainstream clubs like BACA (Bikers against Child Abuse) the Blue Knights (Cop Club) and many independent Bikers who don't belong to any other organiztion besides the Patriot Guard.

It was the patriot gaurd..and a group of my buddies who are stunt riders that did the blocking at the funeral...it was really cool , and made me wish I didn't have to work and could have stood there with them holding flags.