West Virginia: The state no one cares about.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Duddy
Originally posted by: JD50
Originally posted by: Throckmorton

Wow, thats quite a racist attitude you have there. So you're saying that Whites are from all different ethnicities, countries, etc... but blacks are all the same? Nice.

I said blacks in America. Ask almost any white person what ethnicity he or she is, and you'll get an answer like "German and Irish" or "Scottish" or "Mutt". Ask a black person descended from slaves the same question, and you won't get an answer.

There are plenty of Blacks not descended from slaves. Go find a guy that immigrated here from Jamaica and tell him that he has the same ethnic background as a black guy whose family has lived in America for generations. Let us know how it goes.

This is a silly argument anyways. We are not talking about ethnic groups, we're talking about race. You and the other Obama supporters are accusing white people that decide not to vote for Obama as being racist. In your opinion, it's ok for a black guy to vote for Obama because he's black, but it's not ok for a white guy to vote for McCain because he's white.

That's a double standard. You can make lame excuses all you want, but you are still supporting a racist double standard. I think for the first ever I am actually in agreement with Senseamp.

Stop being ignorant and comparing whites to blacks. Your obviously not a black person (as suggested by your avatar).

Imagine that your white. Then imagine that every President since Washington has been black and all of a sudden a smart white guy comes along in the election.

As a white person, would you not want to vote for him?

I don't think so.

I fully expect EVERY black person to vote Obama because I think they deserve someone to better represent them other than rappers or drug dealers.

Young black children and teens will do better when they can look up to the President instead of Soulja Boy.

Stop ASSuming things about me. Just because my Avatar is the black cop avatar does not mean that I am trying to portray myself as black. Did you ever notice that the only white cop avatar looks like a gay biker cop from the blue oyster? Maybe the fact that I was cop when I joined this forum has more to do with the selection of my avatar than my skin color. Not all of us are as focused on race as some of you.

All your post did was reinforce the fact that you support a double standard. I think it's sad that you "expect every black person" to vote for someone just because they are also black. I think most people, black or white, are smart enough to look past skin color and vote for someone based on their beliefs.

If I was a conservative black guy it would be pretty dumb of me to vote for a far left liberal black guy just because he is black. Also, if my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle, so lets stop with the whole "what if" BS.

You're making an awful lot of assumptions with regards to black people and their intelligence.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
Originally posted by: senseamp
Originally posted by: maziwanka

i dont know why im responding as it seems worthless, but . . .

there's NOT a double standard here. and your analysis isn't right. i dont understand how you think you can compare whites and blacks in this way. whites are the power group. blacks arent. the history is completely different. all this has a profound effect on what is racism for both races.

How are whites the power group? I don't have any special powers because I am white. I have same rights and opportunities as any other American.
Also, how is history a justification for present day black racism? Two wrongs don't make a right.

If you choose to not vote for Obama, then what person of color would you support for becoming President?

Hypothetically that is...

That's a race bait question but I would probably have supported Colin Powell if he didn't lie for Bush about Iraq.

It's hardly a race bait question as I'd like your viewpoint about what people of color you'd feel would be worthy of serving the office.

People with a record of accomplishment who have not chosen to define themselves in terms of race. Pretty much rules out all members of the Congressional Black Caucus, including Obama. If you choose a caucus based on your race, probably won't get my vote.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

there's NOT a double standard here. and your analysis isn't right. i dont understand how you think you can compare whites and blacks in this way. whites are the power group. blacks arent. the history is completely different. all this has a profound effect on what is racism for both races.

How are whites the power group? I don't have any special powers because I am white. I have same rights and opportunities as any other American.
Also, how is history a justification for present day black racism? Two wrongs don't make a right.

If you choose to not vote for Obama, then what person of color would you support for becoming President?

That's a race bait question but I would probably have supported Colin Powell if he didn't lie for Bush about Iraq.

It's hardly a race bait question as I'd like your viewpoint about what people of color you'd feel would be worthy of serving the office.

Why does it matter what color their skin is? All this focusing on race is going to hurt Obama. Obama has plenty of substance without having to focus on the fact that he is a black man. Maybe you guys should focus on something other than his race. I'd be pretty damn offended if I was a smart, successful man such as Obama and all my supporters could do was focus on my race.

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002

Why does it matter what color their skin is? All this focusing on race is going to hurt Obama. Obama has plenty of substance without having to focus on the fact that he is a black man. Maybe you guys should focus on something other than his race. I'd be pretty damn offended if I was a smart, successful man such as Obama and all my supporters could do was focus on my race.

Your assuming all his supporters are educated. This is America. I'm educated enough to understand the issues and know that Obama's policies line up nicely with my own beliefs. I especially LOVE his Open Government policy. It's like Linux for politics.

But most people judge a book by it's cover. It's instilled in them by their parents. Who got it from THEIR parents. And so on...

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman

If Obama was white, blacks would be voting for Clinton since the working class has voted for her. So, all of those blacks voting for Obama are racist. Gotcha!

no it doesn't work that way.

Unless all those blacks state that, "race was a factor."

in every exit poll taken in every primary the question has been asked if "race was a factor" in determining a voter's choice.

your ire should be focused on them.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: conehead433
When you consider the number of voters in WV that actually graduated from high school it's no surprise that Hillary wins here. Stupid is as stupid does.

you really want to open that argument? heh. WV falls solidly in the middle as far as graduation rates go, and it seems like the bottom of the list has a lot of Obama states.

http://www.unitedhealthfoundat...components/hsgrad.html

interestingly enough, alot of obama states are at the top as well.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: alphatarget1
Obama supporters will continue to believe that attending a church ran by a racist is OK, because Obama is such a oh-so-wonderful public speaker.

McCain landslide perhaps?

*beats dead horse*

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: M0RPH
Why is it that when whites vote for the white candidate, it's racism... but when 90% of blacks vote for the black candidate, somehow it's not?

Double standards are great.

It's not a double standard because it's not racism for blacks to vote for Obama, just like it's not sexism when women vote for Hillary. It IS sexism to not vote for Hillary because she's a woman, or to not vote for Obama because he's black.

Is it racist for blacks to vote for Obama because he's black?
Is it racist for whites to vote for Hillary because she's white?

I sure hope you have same answer to both questions.

You're trying to create a parallel where one doesn't exist. Whites aren't an ethnic group, they are the substantial apparent majority made up of a lot of ethnicities, and there is nothing special about a viable "white" presidential candidate.

The analogy for blacks voting for Obama because he's black is Irish voting for Kennedy because he was Irish, or Evangelists voting for George Bush because he's an Evangelical, or women voting for Clinton because she's female, none of which represent bigotry.

So you do have a different answer to my question for whites and blacks?
Irish voting for Kennedy because he's Irish would be like Kenyans voting for Obama because he's Kenyan.
Blacks voting for Obama because he's black is same as whites voting for Hillary because she's white.

the idea is that blacks are voting for obama because he is black, and whites are voting for hillary because obama is black.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Until Bill Clinton played the race card in South Carolina, Hillary had significant black support. Now blacks won't vote for Hillary. If it comes down to a Hillary McCain contest, I doubt blacks will vote for McCain but they may just sit the election of out, and Hillary will then lose.

this is such revisionist history. You had Obama supporters on television the night Obama lost New Hampshire saying Bradly effect. You had Obama's South Carolina spokeswoman passing out to the media supposedly racial statements after his lost in Nevada i.e fairy tale, LBJ, etc that the Clinton campaign made . Clinton made the comparisons to Jesse Jackson when he was asked specifically about Jesse Jackson AFTER Obama won South Carolina with 70+ of the black vote which he started to get after his win in Iowa.
Obama at 70% of the black vote in SC right after Iowa

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Stop ASSuming things about me. Just because my Avatar is the black cop avatar does not mean that I am trying to portray myself as black. Did you ever notice that the only white cop avatar looks like a gay biker cop from the blue oyster?

so what your saying is is that you are more homophobic than racist?:p

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: chowderhead
Until Bill Clinton played the race card in South Carolina, Hillary had significant black support. Now blacks won't vote for Hillary. If it comes down to a Hillary McCain contest, I doubt blacks will vote for McCain but they may just sit the election of out, and Hillary will then lose.

this is such revisionist history. You had Obama supporters on television the night Obama lost New Hampshire saying Bradly effect. You had Obama's South Carolina spokeswoman passing out to the media supposedly racial statements after his lost in Nevada i.e fairy tale, LBJ, etc that the Clinton campaign made . Clinton made the comparisons to Jesse Jackson when he was asked specifically about Jesse Jackson AFTER Obama won South Carolina with 70+ of the black vote which he started to get after his win in Iowa.

on p&n it was the clinton backers screaming about the bradley effect and the obama supporters calling it bs. interesting that the same people saying that obama was the victim of racism back then are now the ones saying that they aren't in fact racist.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
Stop ASSuming things about me. Just because my Avatar is the black cop avatar does not mean that I am trying to portray myself as black. Did you ever notice that the only white cop avatar looks like a gay biker cop from the blue oyster?

so what your saying is is that you are more homophobic than racist?:p

haha, I saw that one coming.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999

on p&n it was the clinton backers screaming about the bradley effect and the obama supporters calling it bs. interesting that the same people saying that obama was the victim of racism back then are now the ones saying that they aren't in fact racist.

that makes no sense. Clinton won, why would her supporters scream Bradley effect. The only poster that did scream Bradley effect that I can recall was Pabster and he is in the tank for Obama. Plus, I already linked to polling that showed ironically that there was no Bradley effect in the Bradley or Wilder races.

Dec 10, 2005

that makes no sense. Clinton won, why would her supporters scream Bradley effect. The only poster that did scream Bradley effect that I can recall was Pabster and he is in the tank for Obama. Plus, I already linked to polling that showed ironically that there was no Bradley effect in the Bradley or Wilder races.

Actually, the only poster talking about the Bradley effect as far as I remember was Techs, a huge Clinton supporter I might add. Even going as far as to make a thread or two about it. As far as I know, Pabster only kept bringing it up to goad Techs.

1 (Bradley Effect Thread): http://forums.anandtech.com/me...eyword1=bradley+effect
2: (Proof of Clinton Support): http://forums.anandtech.com/me...eyword1=bradley+effect

mattocs

Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2005
I just need to vent.

She is tearing the democratic party apart. She has no hope of winning. Why won't she just give up?

I am also going to re-register as an indipendent. Normally in a primary, the candidate who I want to win never would (ie. Kucinich)... But if something like this happens again, it is no trouble to just re-register to vote for someone such as Mr. Obama.

Gah. If McCain wins, its all her fault.

If she does get the nomination for some reason, I'd vote for her...but I won't be happy.

KeypoX

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2003
your out of your mind i care about west virginia. And dont worry about Obama he will be history soon enough. But yes he is black and racist. And west virginia is no more racist than any other state. You think only white people are racist your out of your mind.

KeypoX

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2003
Originally posted by: bamacre
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
This post should serve as a reminder for anyone who's delusional enough to believe that racism is no longer an issue in this country. It's clearly abundant in West Virginia. If you still have any doubts, check out this video clip of WV voters explaining why they do or do not support Obama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgySDqa8zgQ

Undecided voter Wanda Gibson is less than excited about both Clinton and Obama, but she actually fears Obama, because he's black.

Nice. :roll:

"I've had enough of "Hussein."

:p

Perhaps that's Bush's fault. ;)

But, nice, one woman admitted that she's afraid of black people. Wonderful. What year is this?

Most white people are afraid of black people... I live in a black neighborhood im not afraid but im not stupid either. Cars get broken into and apartments robbed pretty often.

But if you dont notice how scared most white people are of black people you are blind. I like black people though, but just like white people i dont like all of them lol

KeypoX

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2003
Originally posted by: M0RPH
Why is it that when whites vote for the white candidate, it's racism... but when 90% of blacks vote for the black candidate, somehow it's not?

Double standards are great.

It's not a double standard because it's not racism for blacks to vote for Obama, just like it's not sexism when women vote for Hillary. It IS sexism to not vote for Hillary because she's a woman, or to not vote for Obama because he's black.

Is it racist for blacks to vote for Obama because he's black?
Is it racist for whites to vote for Hillary because she's white?

I sure hope you have same answer to both questions.

Is it racist for blacks to vote for Obama because he's black? No but black people will vote for him just because his black
Is it racist for whites to vote for Hillary because she's white? No, but white people will vote for her just because shes white.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Big victory for Clinton. But why is everyone forgetting all these huge victories for Obama?

South Carolina: Obama 55%, Clinton 27% (28% margin)

Alaska: Obama 75%, Clinton 25% (50% margin)

Colorado: Obama 67%, Clinton 32% (35% margin)

Georgia: Obama 66%, Clinton 31% (35% margin)

Idaho: Obama 80%, Clinton 17% (63% margin)

Illinois: Obama 65%, Clinton 33% (32% margin)

Kansas: Obama 74%, Clinton 26% (48% margin)

Minnesota: Obama 66%, Clinton 32% (34% margin)

North Dakota: Obama 61%, Clinton 37% (24% margin)

Louisiana: Obama 62%, Clinton 38% (24% margin)

Nebraska: Obama 68%, Clinton 32% (36% margin)

US Virgin Islands: Obama 90%, Clinton 7% (83% margin)

Washington: Obama 68%, Clinton 31% (37% margin)

Maine: Obama 60%, Clinton 40% (20% margin)

Democrats Abroad: Obama 66%, Clinton 32% (34% margin)

DC: Obama 75%, Clinton 24% (51% margin)

Maryland: Obama 61%, Clinton 36% (25% margin)

Virginia: Obama 64%, Clinton 35% (29% margin)

Hawaii: Obama 76%, Clinton 24% (52% margin)

Vermont: Obama 59%, Clinton 39% (20% margin)

Wyoming: Obama 61%, Clinton 38% (23% margin)

Mississippi: Obama 61%, Clinton 37% (24% margin)

mattocs

Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2005
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Big victory for Clinton. But why is everyone forgetting all these huge victories for Obama?

South Carolina: Obama 55%, Clinton 27% (28% margin)

Alaska: Obama 75%, Clinton 25% (50% margin)

Colorado: Obama 67%, Clinton 32% (35% margin)

Georgia: Obama 66%, Clinton 31% (35% margin)

Idaho: Obama 80%, Clinton 17% (63% margin)

Illinois: Obama 65%, Clinton 33% (32% margin)

Kansas: Obama 74%, Clinton 26% (48% margin)

Minnesota: Obama 66%, Clinton 32% (34% margin)

North Dakota: Obama 61%, Clinton 37% (24% margin)

Louisiana: Obama 62%, Clinton 38% (24% margin)

Nebraska: Obama 68%, Clinton 32% (36% margin)

US Virgin Islands: Obama 90%, Clinton 7% (83% margin)

Washington: Obama 68%, Clinton 31% (37% margin)

Maine: Obama 60%, Clinton 40% (20% margin)

Democrats Abroad: Obama 66%, Clinton 32% (34% margin)

DC: Obama 75%, Clinton 24% (51% margin)

Maryland: Obama 61%, Clinton 36% (25% margin)

Virginia: Obama 64%, Clinton 35% (29% margin)

Hawaii: Obama 76%, Clinton 24% (52% margin)

Vermont: Obama 59%, Clinton 39% (20% margin)

Wyoming: Obama 61%, Clinton 38% (23% margin)

Mississippi: Obama 61%, Clinton 37% (24% margin)

Haha. Oh snap!

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002
Originally posted by: KeypoX
your out of your mind i care about west virginia. And dont worry about Obama he will be history soon enough. But yes he is black and racist. And west virginia is no more racist than any other state. You think only white people are racist your out of your mind.

:jawdrop:

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005

Are you daft? Obama is not black, he is mulatto, meaning he is as much white as he is black (well, for him it means that). He isn't racist.

mrCide

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: spittledip

Are you daft? Obama is not black, he is mulatto, meaning he is as much white as he is black (well, for him it means that). He isn't racist.

why even respond to this nonsense?

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I listened to several of the radio news reports this morning and to further show the absolutely untrue obama fetish they have, other than saying clinton won there has been no mention of vote totals.

At least if what they were discussing on hardball last nite is correct, clinton has the popular vote lead again.

Even better news is the latest polls showing that the number of clinton supporters who will vote for mccain over obama is well into the mid 30's.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: lupi
I listened to several of the radio news reports this morning and to further show the absolutely untrue obama fetish they have, other than saying clinton won there has been no mention of vote totals.

At least if what they were discussing on hardball last nite is correct, clinton has the popular vote lead again.

Even better news is the latest polls showing that the number of clinton supporters who will vote for mccain over obama is well into the mid 30's.

Yea but how many of them woudl ahve voted Clinton vs McCain in the general election.

A lot of these votes are open so Rep's and Ind. can vote in the Dem side.