West Virginia: The state no one cares about.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Until Bill Clinton played the race card in South Carolina, Hillary had significant black support. Now blacks won't vote for Hillary. If it comes down to a Hillary McCain contest, I doubt blacks will vote for McCain but they may just sit the election of out, and Hillary will then lose.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
I care about West Virginia :(

And it's a bellwether! No Democrat has won the presidency without winning Washington DC, ever since they could vote...

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Until Bill Clinton played the race card in South Carolina, Hillary had significant black support. Now blacks won't vote for Hillary. If it comes down to a Hillary McCain contest, I doubt blacks will vote for McCain but they may just sit the election of out, and Hillary will then lose.

Bill Clinton did not play the race card in SC.

black supporters swung from Hillary to Obama when it became apparent that Barack was a real contender.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: loki8481
Bill Clinton carried WV in 1992 and 1996... if Gore had been able to carry it in 2000, he would have been elected president.

but by all means, write it off. :roll:

What about Montana? What about Louisiana? What about Iowa?

:rolls eyes;

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
I don't think anyone can say that many of the AA votes for Obama aren't at least somewhat prejudiced. Let's get real. There's never been a black president, they want to see one.

Of course, there has never been a female president either. But the issue here is a little different. And Hillary is very much hated by a lot of people, including women.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Nah, not elitist. WV doesn't matter. It's only a state. Do Montana/South Dakota matter only because they're likely to vote Obama even though they'll go Rep in November? WV has more people than those 2 combined.

"Hillary shouldn't consider this a win." I agree. 65-20 isn't a win, it's an embarassment for the front runner. No democrat has won the presidency since 1916 without winning WV, and if WV had voted dem in 2000 and 2004, we wouldn't have had Bush. Go ahead, ignore them, just like the voters in FL/OH/PA/MI will ignore Obama come fall.

You should have stopped short...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com...20856_80fef273e9_o.png

:(

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
So where is the official WV primary thread? Funny how when we come to a primary where Hillary dominates, thiere is no official thread, just this thread which blows it off as meaningless. Just goes to show you the bias around here.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: mflacy
Hillary wins, shocker! ;)

MSNBC projects a 2 to 1 margin.

funny, that's about how much Obama outspent her by :p

So where is the official WV primary thread? Funny how when we come to a primary where Hillary dominates, thiere is no official thread, just this thread which blows it off as meaningless. Just goes to show you the bias around here.

so start one?

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007

Agree with the OP 100%. Who gives a shit what West Virginia thinks? The only thing that state is good for is the New River Gorge.

mflacy

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
Originally posted by: M0RPH

And what exactly stopped you from starting one?

I would guess a thread didn't get started because the results were pretty much a forgone conclusion the entire week. The only question was by how much. 2 to 1, 3 to 1, 4 to 1, etc...

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
When you consider the number of voters in WV that actually graduated from high school it's no surprise that Hillary wins here. Stupid is as stupid does.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Oh, OK so we care what Indiana and South Carolina think, but not West Virginia?

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
just because a state doesn't support Obama doesn't make it irrelevant. Your hostile attitudes against smaller states is why small town people think Obama and his Obotsmas that they're elitists.

mflacy

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
Originally posted by: mxyzptlk
So will Hillary now bow out on a win?

I seriously doubt that. I wouldn't think either candidate would bow out until somebody cracks the delegate threshold.

Her victory speech is coming up sometime soon if you want to get an idea of her future intentions.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: mxyzptlk
So will Hillary now bow out on a win?

it seems very unlikely that she'll drop out of the race before it's over, regardless of whether or not Obama decides to crown himself next week.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
How does this fix Hillary's math problem?

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002
CNN: Exit polls: 35 percent of Clinton supporters would pick McCain over Obama.

And the state with the most racist "democrats" goes to......(drum roll)....... West Virginia!

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Duddy
CNN: Exit polls: 35 percent of Clinton supporters would pick McCain over Obama.

And the state with the most racist "democrats" goes to......(drum roll)....... West Virginia!

right, because the only reason for what could possibly be race :roll:

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004
Originally posted by: jpeyton
How does this fix Hillary's math problem?

It really doesn't. It just gets worse. According to MSNBC, she has to win like 92% of the pledged delegates to win now. It's just nuts, but I guess she'll just keep going.