• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

West Virginia: The state no one cares about.

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mrCide

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: lupi
I listened to several of the radio news reports this morning and to further show the absolutely untrue obama fetish they have, other than saying clinton won there has been no mention of vote totals.

At least if what they were discussing on hardball last nite is correct, clinton has the popular vote lead again.

Even better news is the latest polls showing that the number of clinton supporters who will vote for mccain over obama is well into the mid 30's.
No. Shut up.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
I'm encouraged that 1 in 4 West Virginians aren't inbred redneck racists! I figured the number much lower...

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
I listened to several of the radio news reports this morning and to further show the absolutely untrue obama fetish they have, other than saying clinton won there has been no mention of vote totals.

At least if what they were discussing on hardball last nite is correct, clinton has the popular vote lead again.

Even better news is the latest polls showing that the number of clinton supporters who will vote for mccain over obama is well into the mid 30's.
Yea but how many of them woudl ahve voted Clinton vs McCain in the general election.

A lot of these votes are open so Rep's and Ind. can vote in the Dem side.
But but but the media and the far leftists keep saying that isn't happening or isn't a big factor....

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
As anybody who understands elementary psychology will say, and has said but people like you continue to ignore, these silly polls about "Oh, I won't vote for Obama if Hillary loses" are just that. I would advise against putting any stock in them. They hold less water than a fat smoker promising on new year's eve to finally quit next year.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: KeypoX
Originally posted by: bamacre
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
This post should serve as a reminder for anyone who's delusional enough to believe that racism is no longer an issue in this country. It's clearly abundant in West Virginia. If you still have any doubts, check out this video clip of WV voters explaining why they do or do not support Obama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgySDqa8zgQ

Undecided voter Wanda Gibson is less than excited about both Clinton and Obama, but she actually fears Obama, because he's black.

Nice. :roll:

"I've had enough of "Hussein."

:p

Perhaps that's Bush's fault. ;)

But, nice, one woman admitted that she's afraid of black people. Wonderful. What year is this?
Most white people are afraid of black people... I live in a black neighborhood im not afraid but im not stupid either. Cars get broken into and apartments robbed pretty often.
Somehow I doubt your admittedly bad neighborhood serves as a microcosm of the rest of America and its sentiment on race.

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
I guess in Hillary's world nobody's ever won the presidency without the endorsement of the Hatfields and McCoys.

:)

Jhhnn

No Lifer
Nov 11, 1999
Clinton's claims wrt the popular vote are extremely disingenuous, and totally beside the point, anyway. First off, it's impossible to say what the popular vote would be if the Caucus states had primaries instead of caucuses. It's impossible to tell just how many repubs heeded Rush's call and voted for Hillary in open primaries, too.

The only metric that matters is delegates, period. That was agreed upon long before anybody started campaigning. And the exclusion of the MI and FL delegates was also known before they ever voted in their improper primaries. They were joke votes, meaningless, and everybody knew it.

And all of this talk about Obama's "blackness" is a joke, as well. The only things "black" about Obama are the color of his skin and his sympathy for the american black community. His father was Kenyan, a whole different culture, and separated form Obama's white mother when Obama was 2. He lived in Indonesia a few years as a child, attended a school for foreigners. He was raised by his white family in Hawaii. He attended Columbia and Harvard Law, and was president of the Harvard Law Review. His acculturation, bearing, mannerisms, beliefs, and thought processes have little relationship to most black americans, who have a sub-culture of their own. His sub-culture is that of White America, make no mistake about that. To claim that he's racist is absurd, in the extreme. doing so merely reveals the desires of the accuser to label Obama as a fantasy stereotypical "Black Man", which he's obviously not.

ASK THE COMMUNITY