West coast tape delay stinks

miri

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2003
The west coast should only be 2 hours behind the east coast. It gets dark here around 8PM in the summer which is silly. Having shows play from 8PM-11PM stinks. At most the west coast should be 1 hour behind the East coast. 2 hours in real time and 1 hour tape delay and have shows play from 7PM-10PM like CST.

And the Lakers basketball game tonight is tape delayed 1 hour?? WTF, first time ive seen a live sporting game tape delayed.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Originally posted by: miri
The west coast should only be 2 hours behind the east coast. It gets dark here around 8PM in the summer which is silly. Having shows play from 8PM-11PM stinks. At most the west coast should be 1 hour behind the East coast. 2 hours in real time and 1 hour tape delay and have shows play from 7PM-10PM like CST.

And the Lakers basketball game tonight is tape delayed 1 hour?? WTF, first time ive seen a live sporting game tape delayed.

You are confused. It gets dark at 8 in the summer because of your latitude, it has absolutely nothing to do with time zones. If you want more light in the summer, move further north.

Oh, and you must be seven if you've never seen a live game tape delayed.

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
stinkin' west coasters making MNF games be over at midnight my time! You jokers still get to watch your prime time TV afterwards...

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
seriously?! i see the game starting officially at 7:30est and my programming guide is showing it starting at 4:30pst on nba tv. so im hoping to watch it live, save for a few seconds delay.

miri

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2003
Originally posted by: anxi80
seriously?! i see the game starting officially at 7:30est and my programming guide is showing it starting at 4:30pst on nba tv. so im hoping to watch it live, save for a few seconds delay.

showing up on kcal and NBA tv at 5:30 :(

compman25

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2006
Originally posted by: dainthomas

You are confused. It gets dark at 8 in the summer because of your latitude, it has absolutely nothing to do with time zones. If you want more light in the summer, move further north.

exactly, I'm on the west coast and it gets dark around 9:30pm.

miri

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2003

now im confused, nba tv is showing it starting at 3:30pm ?

miri

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2003
Originally posted by: compman25
Originally posted by: dainthomas

exactly, I'm on the west coast and it gets dark around 9:30pm.

perhaps CA should be on MST then?

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002

now im confused, nba tv is showing it starting at 3:30pm ?
cool, you get to watch the game an hour before it begins. let me know how pau does in his lakers debut. ;)

i think nba tv will get it together and you should be able to watch at 4:30. at first i saw it was on kcal and was pissed because i didnt think i would get to watch it, but then saw nba tv had it also. i can only watch them on fsn west, nba tv, espn or at the staples center. or if its on kcal at a local microbrewery or something.

indamixx99

Golden Member
Oct 17, 2006

Kcal pretty much always tape-delays their west coast games by 1 hour. They did it last week vs Detroit and Toronto too. They'd rather start the game at 5:30 so more people are able to watch the game (coming home from work, watch it for dinner.. etc). I hate it because I'll sometimes go online to see other scores and accidentally take a glimpse at the Laker score which is in real time.

And you know today they're probably going to be showing a news ticker at the bottom due to the Primary elections.

EKKC

Diamond Member
May 31, 2005
the laker nets game will be shown here at my house at 7:30pm EST thank you very much

and i can't believe they're tape delaying gasol's debut! BWAHAHAHAHA. come to this thread i'll update you on the score on how gasol rips a new one in the Nets.