Were Jews a Minority In What Became Israel?

thescreensavers

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2005
"Were Jews a Minority In What Became Israel"

Hello, I am doing a school project and I would like to put peoples opinions about this question on my slidshow. If you want to write long post or even a sentence please do so :). Anything helps.

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doing others homework and/or requesting others to do your work is not acceptable here.

You have the tools and knowledge to get the information; please use them for your betterment and that of society.

Senior Anandtech Moderator
Common Courtesy

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
afaik in british controlled palastine jews made up about 30-35% of the population.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
IIRC the actual borders of the original Israel were drawn to include the areas with the most Jews. If not an majority, they were close to it, or at least were the largest group (don't forget there were Christians in Palestine also). And of course as soon as the proposed boundaries were known many Palestinians voluntarily left, or were forced out.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: thescreensavers
"Were Jews a Minority In What Became Israel"

Hello, I am doing a school project and I would like to put peoples opinions about this question on my slidshow. If you want to write long post or even a sentence please do so :). Anything helps.

Thanks.

Your question calls for a factual response, not an opinion. Go do some research.