were does the usb plug go on a dell nvidia mother board?

crashem

Apr 13, 2005
Have a dell 630i with a intel e8400 and geforce 8800 gt running win xp. I give this info because I dont know what the model of dell nvidia mother board it is.
I orderd a ultra internal usb 2.0 all in one media drive. and it has a 1.44 floppy. the floppy uses the 32 pin ribbon and a four pin pwr cable (the one that runs to my two dvd drives) However the black (4 pin usb connector with a black, green, white, and red wire) from the reader has to plug into a usb port on the mother board. I dont have one. There is a 9 pin port - 1 row 5 pin and 1 row 4 pin. the pins are square and spaced. is this some sort of usb port? or is there an adapter that I need to get?

crashem

Apr 13, 2005
so just use the 4 pin side of item 5? I thought this was a usb port but not sure. also which pin is ground(black) and which one red (5v pwr) will fit either way Hey thanks

crashem

Apr 13, 2005
I think the 4 pin connector is the old 1.1 usb? because all the other readers that use usb2.0 have the right insignia and the cable is the 9 pin type. the ULTRA is the same one as ROSEWILL. Must be made by someone else and they both put their name on it. They are selling it as 2.0 and maybe it is but the cable is different. I guess if there is no way to plug this thing in.

crashem

Apr 13, 2005
Hell found another one selling it. SIIG JU-91RW12-S4 9-in-1 USB 2.0 Card Reader/Write + Floppy - Retail at newegg