Went to the World's Greatest Supermarket, all I can say is DAMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNN

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TranceNation

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2001
Originally posted by: FatAlbo
Never EVER eat the stuff from the deli at the Bellevue Uwajimaya. The cooked food is left there for days at a time. This is coming from various friends that have worked or are currently working there. For the most part, everything is overpriced at Uwajimaya. You can usually get what you're looking for at a lower price at other places in Seattle's International District. The premium is for employees that *may* speak English.

lol, that is eactly true. Uwajimaya is geared towards the caucasian / tourist crowd.

TrueBlueLS

Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2001
Hmm... Maybe one of these weekends I'll have to take a drive from the Detroit area to check it out. I think it'd be interesting to come back with pictures for my grocery store manager.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Ha....you certainly did not go into Market Basket;)
rolleye.gif
Anyways, is Moxie that hard to find? Every supermarket I have been to in Mass. has it.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
wow Moxie??? I thougth they stopped making that stuff. I have never had it but my parents like it and they grew up in the 1930's. Maybe i will order some for them.

what does it taste like?

Pastfinder

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2000
Moxie tastes (to me) like old fashioned root beer, kinda like a medicinal root beer. It's good stuff to me, I'm not one to be content with just the crap Coca-Cola and Pepsi produce.