went to the dentist today...

Omegachi

Diamond Member
Mar 27, 2001
i will need to remove my wisdom teeth... all 4 of them. what makes this worse is that the bottom two wisdoms are growing perpendicular to my other teeth.

i am not looking forward to this. :(

Tylanner

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2004
****** dude i was told that a few months ago, that dentist was obviously just looking for some money.

i dont believe in wisdom teeth

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
bah, almost everyone has their wisdoms removed. try having a root canal gone bad which causes a cyst where the root used to be. then that is pulled, both ajacent teeth are sanded down to posts and a 3 tooth bridge is put in.

speaking of i really need to go to the dentist, i think i may have a cavity in one of the posts :frown:

eldorado99

Lifer
Feb 16, 2004
My dentist told me the same thing about 2 years ago, he said "They need to be pulled ASAP" or they would supposedly start to hurt and bother me within a few months... I'm still waiting for even a slight pinch, I don't feel anything yet. I'd just wait, unless they are bothering you.

imported_Lucifer

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2004
Having your wisdom teeth removed is not bad at all. I thought it was going to be painful, but didnt hurt much after the surgery. The only crappy part is the anesthesia which caused me to puke about 3 times. The first time was while my mom was driving me home. Fortunatly, I knew I had to throw up so I stuck my head out the window even though I was still drugged up. I dont remember most of that day. :eek:

Kevin1211

Golden Member
Dec 14, 2004
yeah my dentist said i need to have a couple pulled out.. but they arent coming in sideways yet. Should i wait till/if they come out and start bothering me? or should i do a "preemptive strike" and get the surgery?

AbAbber2k

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
They pulled all four of mine while I was completely knocked out. It was the fvckin sh1t. I was staring at a cool oriental garden outside the room with an IV in my arm, then I woke up in a waiting room just to hear the nurse say "He won't remember any of this," before losing conciousness again. Finally I regained conciousness completely and was being carted out to my mom's van effectively "drunk". Never had pain, though they gave me some nice painkillers. Lost some work but not more than like 2 days (bare minimum the doctor said I should stay home).

Not everyone NEEDS to have their wisdom teeth pulled. I wasn't one of them. As they started coming in my front teeth started to get just a little crooked, got em pulled, they stopped moving, and actually spaced out a little back to how their were before.

pcnerd37

Sep 20, 2004
I went in back in i think April and the dentist mentioned to me that it would not be a bad idea to have mine pulled. They have never bothered me so i see such an idea as a waste of money. I told him that as long as my teeth dont bother me, i dont bother them. Then i walked out.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
I had mine removed last November, all four of them. Like you, my bottom two were perpendicular. Even worse, bottom right one was digging into the good tooth.

Had all four removed, waited a month, and had a root canal done to my good tooth that got damaged by a wisdom tooth.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Omegachi
anyone had their sideways wisdoms pulled?

I had one that came in sideways. I got all four removed, though. $50 each in Ecuador :)

I did it awake, it was kind of neat.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Omegachi
anyone had their sideways wisdoms pulled?

I did, I was knocked out though. $2800 - insurance company's contribution = $600. And I got a week off work! It's really not bad... they give you some nice pain killers.

Beef Taco

Jul 26, 2005
It's not a big deal, don't worry. I got mine out last week, all 4 and the bottom 2 were growing in perpendicular. I went into the office, I got some laughing gas, they stuck an IV in my arm, my ears started ringing, closed my eyes and didnt wake up for an hour and a half. Not much pain, and they gave me some Vicoden(painkillers) incase i had some. I still can't open my mouth more then half an inch or so though :/.