went to car dealer today.

Semidevil

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2002
so I went to a car dealer today just to check out some vehicles and some prices. A pushy salesman came over to me, asked me what I wanted. I told him what I was interested in.

he showed me a car and asked me what I thought. I said it's nice. he then took me to the office and said in 1 breath: "You can get this car for 3600 down 400 a month I want you to sign right here...."

I said no, and he went to get his manager.

the manager came and asked me if there was a problem. I said no, I just wanted to get some information. the manager did not pressure me and just let us go.

I think that sales man was either new employee, or just want me to sign the paper since I was young....

crazy guy.

I have no idea why he had to get his manager in the first place....

any fun car salesman stories?

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
That's not really crazy, it's pretty typical.

Their job is simple...to sell cars. It doesn't matter how they get you to sign that paper. If the high pressure method works for a salesman, he'll continue using it. If not, he won't be in sales for long.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
im curious.. are there EVER car salesmen that won't pressure you and actually be helpful?

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Internet shopping FTW. The mfr will send you information and you stop by to look at the car on sunday when the dealership is closed.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
im curious.. are there EVER car salesmen that won't pressure you and actually be helpful?

Yes there is. The last time I was out car shoping, the salesmen handed me the key to the lockbox on all the new cars that they keep the keys in. He told me to try out as many as I wanted, showed me where to park them when I was done, and walked away, saying he had paperwork to do.