windshield
windshield
drivers seat view
drivers seat view
drivers seat view
deer
deer
deer

I had just left my soccer game (play on an indoor league). Was heading down route 157 in Maryville, IL (town that the Pastor was shot a few months ago). Had my eyes on the road, but out of now where a big female deer runs out of the brush and I clipped it with the passenger side of my front end. I guess because my car sits so low, I just scooped the thing up and it flew right into my windshield. WOW.

It could have been very bad and I'm way luckly. The windshield, right in front of my face was pushed in almost a full foot. I can't believe the deer didn't completely come through. It was pretty bad though, I had alot of glass on my me, all over my face and hair. Had to call 911 because I had alot of glass dust in my eyes. wayyy painful. EMT came and flushed my eyes out. Other than that, no injuries.

I'll need a new hood, passenger side quarter panel, bumper, grill, windshield, passenger headlight.. Everything looked ok under the hood though. I think it's all cosmetic.

edit: daytime pic taken by insurance adjustor

daytime pic

JDMnAR1

Lifer
May 12, 2003
Originally posted by: TechBoyJK
I'll need a new hood, passenger side quarter panel, bumper, grill, windshield, passenger headlight, pants. Everything looked ok under the hood though. I think it's all cosmetic.

Fixed that for you.

Good that no one was hurt, and better that your windshield stayed intact.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Brainonska511
Originally posted by: hiromizu
DOH!

Originally posted by: feralkid
A Deer.

Originally posted by: Crono
A female deer.

lol

Glad to hear you're okay OP...

Did you take the deer home to use some of the delicious deer meat?

I wanted to. I asked the cops, and they said I could. The fireman asked if it had antlers because he was going to take them. (he said he'd cut the things head off right there with his axe lol). But I didn't ahve a truck or anyway to pick it up. So I left it there.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Sea Moose
deer > plastic car

car made out of deer?

Profit?

Funny thing was, when the 911 dispatcher was calling the police she says "we had a 'deer car' on 157 near maryville"

I guess that's short for 'deer meets car'

Sea Moose

Diamond Member
May 12, 2009
Originally posted by: TechBoyJK
Originally posted by: Sea Moose
deer > plastic car

car made out of deer?

Profit?

Funny thing was, when the 911 dispatcher was calling the police she says "we had a 'deer car' on 157 near maryville"

I guess that's short for 'deer meets car'

I may be an ass, but i am glad your not hurt.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Did you keep the deer ?
You could have taken it to a butcher shop and gotten some really great meat.
People here hit about two deers a week. My brother came home last week at night and there were about 7 deer standing in his yard. Can't wait for the next season to start, they are going to relax the restrictions due to overpop.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
rose.gif
:( Poor deer

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman
rose.gif
:( Poor deer

Yea i feel really bad. I'm an animal lover, I actually went over to the deer and petted it and said sorry. It's mate is probably wondering around looking for it. Makes me sad.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Insurance adjuster's estimate is just over $5,000 in damage. He said hood, bumper, grill, headlight, right quarter panel and windshield need to be completely replaced.