Wendy's breakfast menu - you will like it if you like drinking soft drinks for breakfast

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Carl's Jr carries their stuff, primarily west of the Mississippi, I think. There are a few straggling Hardee's around, mostly in the Southeast. But if you see a Carl's Jr, it has the Hardee's menu...and I'm assuming their breakfast? Not sure if that's the case in all regions, though.

And Hardee's actually originated the concept of breakfast for the fast food world. They were the first to biscuit, I think, and the breakfast sausage biscuit was a Hardee's exclusive for some amount of time. Still the best one!
West of Nebraska, AFAIK. We have Hardee's here, but as soon as you hit CO, it's Carl's Jr.

Reactions: zinfamous

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I just remembered, I used to have a set of California Raisins figurines from Hardees. It was a promotion of raisin biscuits or something. Wonder what happened to them? They looked like this...

calras1.JPG

Reactions: zinfamous

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I just remembered, I used to have a set of California Raisins figurines from Hardees. It was a promotion of raisin biscuits or something. Wonder what happened to them? They looked like this...

calras1.JPG
I used to have at least one or two of those.

Reactions: Captante

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

calras1.JPG

hah, I don't recall them being tied to any kind of food, but yes, I think I had 2-3 years worth of the Raisin collection. lol--I remember the ads, too.

Remember how it was pretty common to distribute those seasonal collectibles at all the fast food joints in those days, usually via 12oz glasses?

ET, Star Wars, uh, various other brands...
Domninos: Noid figurines (I think several sets)
Hardee's: California Raisins
Hardee's, McD, Wendys, BK: Collectible glasses

etc...

Reactions: lxskllr

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
hah, I don't recall them being tied to any kind of food, but yes, I think I had 2-3 years worth of the Raisin collection. lol--I remember the ads, too.

Remember how it was pretty common to distribute those seasonal collectibles at all the fast food joints in those days, usually via 12oz glasses?

ET, Star Wars, uh, various other brands...
Domninos: Noid figurines (I think several sets)
Hardee's: California Raisins
Hardee's, McD, Wendys, BK: Collectible glasses

etc...
i had a mcdonalds camp snoopy glass - i was really upset when it broke several years later

they're kinda cheap on ebay, i should buy a set

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I think I still have a couple of these glasses somewhere with most of the paint worn off...

s-l1600.jpg

I had some from Hardees also, but I can't remember what was on them. Everything was better back then. Cooler stuff from fast food joints, toys in cereal that were actually fun, and a prize in CrackerJack that had a 3 dimensional component, though clearly inferior to the prizes from waaaay back.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Going way ot, I was thinking about cool stuff that isn't around anymore, and thought of Ginos. That was a local burger joint and kfc franchise. My boxing teacher took us all there for burgers a couple times. It was right across the street. Boom Boom Lester was my teacher...