Wells Fargo Typo Victim Dies in Court

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
If they are unable to handle things like this on the phone, they shouldn't provide a phone number to call for more information and instead, provide an office address to go in person to speak with someone.

The problem with that is, they have downsized the physical spaces to only things that can provide them with profit. Giving customers a place to lodge formal disputes doesn't meet that definition. That's why they leave the only the number to a call center in India.

When dealing with banks, especially with something as serious as this, ALL of my dealings with them are in writing. If I must go to court there will be no "he said she said" bullshit.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Not the main party at "blame" but yes, sort of. Why the hell couldn't or didn't the judge say "yall fucked up, I am ordering you to reinstate her mortgage to its original state and repay anything she has paid above and beyond what her normal note was including all legal fees"??? The judicial system is supposed to settle bullshit like this and the bank admitted it was in error, how did the court not order them to fix it?

Exactly.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
its fucking scary how easily a bank can totally fuck you over for something you didnt do. this person paid her mortgage, was ahead in her taxes but yet the bank had the power to take her home by court order.

horrible