Well...time to throw my machine into the mix

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
1. under my user statistics, it says "active processors: 2" does that mean it one of them is my cpu folding and the 2nd is my x1900xt folding?

2. i want to throw my laptop into the mix, its a P-M 1.2ghz 512ram integrated graphics.
i just installed F@H and its working on: the same core as the one on my PC, is that correct? or is itjust doing everything twice? would this count as my 3rd active processor on top of the ones mentioned in question 1?

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
Good questions!

1. Yes, that would be correct. That also means that you correctly configured the clients as MachineID 1 and probably 2, well anyway they have different IDs.

2. The laptop could be working on the same project, but hopefully not the same WU. Look in the FAHlog.txt file for a line like this:

[23:15:03] Project: 2414 (Run 55, Clone 12, Gen 12)

This shows the project # and the Run, Clone, Gen numbers.

Each project has many WUs. You can tell if the WUs are different by the Run, Clone, Gen numbers.

If you have any more questions, please ask away - it makes us feel useful ;)

EDIT: Yes, the laptop would be the third processor. It can be MachineID 1 or any number. Only if there are more instances on ONE computer do you need different MachineIDs. You can have up to eight processors on one computer.

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
thanks for the info

if my laptop is the 3rd proc? why does it say 2 active processors? i have my x1900xt and my desktop cpu running already

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
Originally posted by: LOUISSSSS
thanks for the info

if my laptop is the 3rd proc? why does it say 2 active processors? i have my x1900xt and my desktop cpu running already

If it has finished and sent in a WU it should show as another CPU.