Well that was interesting

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Was driving home yesterday and someone seemed to have a bit of trouble paying attention while driving. They were making a left turn and didn't notice it was a divided road and cut the turn short. So instead they headed right towards me. Fortunately they realized their stupidity pretty quickly so there wasn't much danger just a little but of logistics for maneuvering past each other and then they turned around

• Wow
Reactions: Captante

skull

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
It'll happen, had some one turn on to an exit ramp on me one night, swerved out of their way so gracefully. They actually made it to the highway before they realized their mistake, I was at the light way too long before they started reversing back down towards me.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
It'll happen, had some one turn on to an exit ramp on me one night, swerved out of their way so gracefully. They actually made it to the highway before they realized their mistake, I was at the light way too long before they started reversing back down towards me.
It usually happens to me annually. I visit campuses with one way streets and college kids + unfamiliar streets is sure to result in at least one encounter. Wasn't anywhere near a campus this time though

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Something similar happened to me when I was delivering pizzas. Red light turns green. I turn onto the correct part of the divided highway. But an SUV(looked full size) was coming down on the lane that would be my left. Luckily, I was in the right lane to go to my delivery location. I would have had a head-on collison.

Nov 8, 2012
It usually happens to me annually. I visit campuses with one way streets and college kids + unfamiliar streets is sure to result in at least one encounter. Wasn't anywhere near a campus this time though
I sincerely don't know how that's possible unless drunk as shit.

Though, I think that's more possible to happen without being drunk in places that have roundabout entrances. Here in Texas the majority of the time it's very simple... Highways have medians on each side. Getting on the freeway is as simple as taking a ramp. Therefore, in order to get on the freeway the wrong way, you would have to be going the wrong way on the median as well. Kinda hard to pull off that level of double fuck up, yet I'm sure it happens plenty still.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Got passed by a wrong-way driver in a van on I-95 one night with his headlights off and going at least 80 on a drizzly night.

Thank goodness I was in the right lane (for some strange reason) and he happened to be in the left/center because I seriously doubt I could have avoided being creamed!

He came out of freaking nowhere and went past like a cartoon plus I was going roughly 70 myself ....

It didn't hit me till a couple minutes later how close I came to dying. :oops:

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I just returned to work this past week and that's what I don't miss about going into the office....dealing with idiots on the road that don't know how to drive.

I think a lot of people are feeling that because road rage incidents are WAAAAY up right now.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001

I was 18 driving up to college and did that in the middle of the night on a dark road. Started going up an exit ramp that had a bend so it was dangerous for anyone unsuspecting. Quickly realized and BTFO asap - thankfully no cars at the time.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
I just returned to work this past week and that's what I don't miss about going into the office....dealing with idiots on the road that don't know how to drive.

I think a lot of people are feeling that because road rage incidents are WAAAAY up right now.

I think everyone forgot how to drive over the past 14 months. I've been to a couple of different states recently and keep thinking "Wow this state has the worst drivers." Then I get home and am reminded "Wait. Nope - my area definitely has the worst drivers out there"

Reactions: Ajay

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I think everyone forgot how to drive over the past 14 months. I've been to a couple of different states recently and keep thinking "Wow this state has the worst drivers." Then I get home and am reminded "Wait. Nope - my area definitely has the worst drivers out there"
Yes, this! It's really getting on my nerves. Oh, and the worst drivers seem to be in Paris; though, I haven't been to Rome, I hear it's even worse there. In Paris, they don't always demarcate lanes. Hmm, looks like 4 lanes to me, I'll come to a stop here so I can make the 3rd exit off the rotary. Two cards squeeze in to my left and 5 to my right. Then they just zig-zag back and forth after the light to get to the exit they want. Why freaking plan shit I guess :rolleyes:.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I think everyone forgot how to drive over the past 14 months

Also there's a buttload of anger and frustration out there right now.

The media is spinning it like the economy is almost back to normal but in reality were still hurting pretty bad.